Here's what I have to move (or rearrange!!)

Talk about hostas, hostas, and more hostas! Companion plant topics should be posted in the Shade Garden forum.

Moderators: ViolaAnn, redcrx, Chris_W

New Topic Post Reply
twoblackdogs
USDA Zone: 5

Here's what I have to move (or rearrange!!)

Post by twoblackdogs »

I guess I'll be moving hostas today and tomorrow... good thing I have a fresh bottle of Aleve...by my guess I've got at least 12 to move...ouch.

Rookie_Green_Thumb

Post by Rookie_Green_Thumb »

Wow! That is a pretty setting for them. I can see why you're moving some...they do seem to be getting a little cuddly with one another! Looks like you have some really nice plants in there. I bet with some rearranging they are gonna really shine!

Maybe for precautions sake you should take a few aleve before you get started! Have fun! :D
Jaime
Justaysam

Post by Justaysam »

I like them just the way they are! It's a personel preference thing thou, so move them if it makes you feel better, LOL.
HostaDesigner

Post by HostaDesigner »

:lol: I agree, What'n the heck are you going to move them for?? :wink:
twoblackdogs

Post by twoblackdogs »

well, it's hard to see in the pic, but there's a poor Queen Josephine waving out one little leaf btwn Jewel of the Nile and Krossa Regal...and then Gold Regal is smoothering AbbaDabbaDo and Blue Shadows...not to mention the Abiqua Moonbeams crunching out On Stage and Old Faithful.. I'll post the before & after closeups after I'm done - this pic was taken from my sons 2nd story bedroom.

Not to mention various toad lilies interspersed which are also getting moved!!

And yes, I like them crowded - gets rid of the weeds!!!
newtohosta-no more

Post by newtohosta-no more »

It sure is beautiful, but I understand about wanting to get them spaced a bit and uncover some of the hidden treasures. I have several beds like that. :lol:
~JOAN~
My Hosta List

Tomorrow is promised to no one, so love and laugh today.
maidofshade

Post by maidofshade »

They look great but I can't wait to see them "uncovered". Are you starting a new bed with the ones you are pulling out??? I need to make a new one for next year and can't seem to get MOTIVATED yet. Good digging!! After your done your gonna need an adult beverage or two I think...
wishiwere

Post by wishiwere »

yes, you definitely need to post an after pic! Good luck with moving and good health after the Aleve! :D
Jane (from the middle of the Mitten state)
My hosta list: viewtopic.php?t=39540
wzbt03

Move?

Post by wzbt03 »

I agree - I like them like that but I also like for the hosta to show it form all the way around.
Goodluck with the move.
New Topic Post Reply