Think Spring :(

Talk about hostas, hostas, and more hostas! Companion plant topics should be posted in the Shade Garden forum.

Moderators: ViolaAnn, redcrx, Chris_W

New Topic Post Reply
HostaDesigner

Think Spring :(

Post by HostaDesigner »

It's not even Thanksgiving yet, and we've been blanketed with snow for a week. It's too early for this!

I need to see some green... only 4 months to go.

Chris_W
Administrator
USDA Zone: 9

Re: Think Spring :(

Post by Chris_W »

That's beautiful!

It seems too early for this much snow, but it seems to me that I often remember shoveling snow for thanksgiving. I even remember having to plow the driveway before for thanksgiving, and this will only be our 4th thanksgiving here.

Thanks for the inspiring pictures. Hopefully you will save some for January and February too. Those are the bad months for me!
JoshS
USDA Zone: 4

Post by JoshS »

We've only had a dusting here, so far. Last year at this time we had a couple inches...and it just kept piling up until March! Everyone around here is hoping for an easier winter than we had last year.

I can deal with it until the new year, but I'm with you, Chris...January & February are tough!
newtohosta-no more

Post by newtohosta-no more »

It keeps snowing here, but the temps are hovering around that freezing point, so the roadways were still warm enough that the snow melts a bit. Supposed to get colder though....with some more snow. Ugh! The last two years I was on the golf course the day before Thanksgiving, but I don't think that's going to happen this year. :lol:

HD: Thanks for posting those gorgeous pics! I do think we need to be reminded every once in a while that Spring will return. We just have to be patient. :wink:
~JOAN~
My Hosta List

Tomorrow is promised to no one, so love and laugh today.
party_music50
USDA Zone: z5

Post by party_music50 »

Pretty photos!

We got lambasted with a snowstorm the week before Halloween. :( Had a few days of very warm temps following that and managed to melt it all, but temps have been running more than 15 degrees below normal for the past week and a half, and we've been in a snow-shaker since last night. It was actually a beautiful snowfall all day today... those giant flakes floating softly to the ground (hear the tinkle of the piano from Charlie Brown's Christmas? lol!) It feels like January and looks like Christmas here!
~~~ Audrey ~~~
“If you never did you should. These things are fun and fun is good”
Dr. Seuss :)
tsbccowboy
Location: Apple Valley, Minnesota 44°43'39.50"N 93°14'52.40"W

Post by tsbccowboy »

Thank you for the green. Here is a little more as we patiently? waiting for Spring.

jerry_br

Post by jerry_br »

Very nice garden. Inspiring.

Jerry
redcrx
USDA Zone: 7

Post by redcrx »

I was out about 10 days ago and got some shots of what is left in my garden. There are a lot of Encore Azaleas in flower. Some of the Hostas are holding on - June and relatives and some others. I've attached 2 MS Photo Story presentations - I run them as screen backgrounds in my office. The first is only Hosta and runs about 3 minutes. The second is everything and runs about 8 minutes - lots of Azaleas, some Red Cardinal Flowers. I did have an Iris (Red water Iris) in flower earlier in the month - that was odd (it's not in this collection).

http://crab.rutgers.edu/~mchugh/garden/ ... -hosta.wmv
http://crab.rutgers.edu/~mchugh/garden/LateNov08.wmv
Ed McHugh, Sicklerville NJ
ImageMockingbird feeding juvenile yellow raisons - never leave home without them.
thy
USDA Zone: 7

Post by thy »

Winther sore Danish eyes were sore..darn it is beautifull... the second I dug up mine they went to the brown stade.. 2 months ago

Spring.. whart a wonderfull word

Thanks the settings and the pics was provoking beautifull :lol:
Against stupidity the gods themselves struggle in vain.
E-mail for pics hostapics@gmail.com
Linda P

Post by Linda P »

Thanks, HD, for the taste of spring! Those trilliums are an awesome sight and the hostas are so beautifully presented.
I still seriously covet that birdbath!!!!
Linda P
And time remembered is grief forgotten,
And frosts are slain and flowers begotten.....
Algernon Charles Swinburne

Latitude: 41° 51' 12.1572"

My Hosta List
eastwood2007

Post by eastwood2007 »

Snowing like mad here in Kansas today! Nothing sticking, but it is really coming down!

Spring seems soooo far away....thanks for the lovely photos, hostadesigner... :D
Charla
Latitude 38.57N; Longitude -94.89W (Elev. 886 ft.)
nanny_56
USDA Zone: 5b
Location: Putnam County, Indiana Lat. 39* 45' 54.2892" Long. -86* 41' 55.9284''

Post by nanny_56 »

I will be okay one the online sites start listing their offerings for 2009!! :lol:
Claudia
"When one tugs at a single thing in nature, he finds it attached to the rest" - John Muir
New Topic Post Reply