Bought a new house

Talk about hostas, hostas, and more hostas! Companion plant topics should be posted in the Shade Garden forum.

Moderators: ViolaAnn, redcrx, Chris_W

Tigger
USDA Zone: 6b - 7a

Post by Tigger »

Looks like a great place, Dave. I started to think, "been there, done that," but then I saw the scale of what you were doing :eek: Only about 8 times what I moved!
oldcoot
USDA Zone: 8

Congrats on the new home

Post by oldcoot »

AND the great Hosta beds. Know you and your family will be really happy there for a long time. Thanks for showing it to us.

OC with a great big grin thinking of all that space
There may be snow in the garden, but there will always be eternal springtime in the heart of this old gardner - Saying of Old Coot
playinmud

Post by playinmud »

Fantastic Dave! :cool: :cool: You've really got a lot of work cut out for yourself. Looks like tons of fun!!

Are you planning on making maps of everything?
~PIM~

°`°º¤ø,¸¸Kindness is the oil that takes the friction out of life¸¸,ø¤º°`°
DBoweMD

Post by DBoweMD »

Fred and Audra Wilson's garden in Iowa (convention 2004) has me thinking about making raised beds in the back, so I am moving plants and arranging in pots to judge the effect.
I will look from above, from across the lake, and move things around to get the best effect before doing final plantings. I suppose I'll start planting in the less important places to get the job started. The less impressive plants will get planted first with optimism for next year, where I won't see them very often. Then when they leap in a couple of years I'll really be delighted.
tsneal

Post by tsneal »

Great looking place Dave!! ENJOY making your gardens. Remember to take lots and lots of pictures.

Stephanie
renaldo75

Post by renaldo75 »

That's a good approach to take, Dave. :wink:

Fred & Audra's gardens ARE truly inspirational. It was so good to revisit them again last summer. :P And seeing Fred & Audra again this spring at the 1st ROHS meeting & seeing the amazing progress Fred has made after his massive stroke last summer was even more inspirational!! :D Both Fred & Audra looked very good!!
GO HAWKEYES!!!

Renaldo's Hosta List
Latitude: 40° 59' 17.6676"; Longitude: -94° 44' 28.014"
New Topic Post Reply