meeting Hank Z and Betty...

Talk about hostas, hostas, and more hostas! Companion plant topics should be posted in the Shade Garden forum.

Moderators: ViolaAnn, redcrx, Chris_W

New Topic Post Reply
Dee_dla
USDA Zone: 4b

meeting Hank Z and Betty...

Post by Dee_dla »

I had the pleasure of meeting our own Hank Z and Betty yesterday! :D :D :D They were very gracious in extending an invitation while I was in LaCrosse on my way to Milwaukee. My SIL and I received a personal of tour of their gardens.

I enjoy Hank's POTD and commentary so much but don't often comment. I feel very lucky to have been able to see their beautiful "little piece of heaven" up close and personal. All the pictures in the world don't begin to capture the amazing beauty and tranquility one feels walking the gardens...a true labor of love. Any one of us would have been devasted by the damage done last year. I admire their moving forward and continuing with their passion. The "friendship garden" is amazing and will continue to grow in beauty as do the friendships. ;) What a wonderful couple!!!

Thank you Hank and Betty for your graciousness and taking the time for the wonderful tour! I know your presentation at GardenFest must have been super and regret that I wasn't able to stay long enough to see/hear it.

Dee, Hank and Betty in their backyard

Dee...from Milwaukee for the week
Dee
Dee's Hosta List

"The poetry of the earth is never dead." ~John Keats
renaldo75

Post by renaldo75 »

That sure would be fun to see Hank & Betty & stroll their gardens!! :cool: They look lush as ever from what I can see in that pic - the gardens I mean [not you 3 in the pic]. :wink:
GO HAWKEYES!!!

Renaldo's Hosta List
Latitude: 40° 59' 17.6676"; Longitude: -94° 44' 28.014"
jody

Post by jody »

That is so :cool: Glad ya'll got to get together.
newtohosta-no more

Post by newtohosta-no more »

Wonderful pic! It really shows us how immense Hank and Betty's garden is. What an amazing backdrop!! I'm glad you were able to stop and visit with them and then share a bit of your visit with us. :wink: :D
~JOAN~
My Hosta List

Tomorrow is promised to no one, so love and laugh today.
maidofshade

Post by maidofshade »

How :cool: is that!! I bet you all had a wonderful day :D
myskyblue2

Post by myskyblue2 »

:o Now that's a garden :o Looking at the photo, I'm reminded of what Hosta Gardening is realy all about, It's the sharing and the friendship's made along the way. :D
wishiwere
USDA Zone: 5

Post by wishiwere »

What an adventure! Meeting another Hallsonite and touring such lush gardens! A gardener couldn't ask for more on any trip! :D

Thanks for sharing!
Jane (from the middle of the Mitten state)
My hosta list: viewtopic.php?t=39540
Arlene

Post by Arlene »

How fun!

Hank and Betty's garden would be worth the trip no matter where you live!! Absolutely beautiful, Hank!

I'll be hosta-ing on a hillside in the next year or so -- this picture inspires me!!
tap_ia_hifive_29

Meeting Hank Z and Betty

Post by tap_ia_hifive_29 »

Oh Dee, how lucky both Yvonne and you were to tour the Z&B gardens. Just imagine the size of some of those hostas. Now suppose you have added to you "wish list". Have a good week and thanks for sharing.

Tap/Pat
oldcoot
USDA Zone: 8

IT sure is

Post by oldcoot »

And OC has really made some GREAT friend on his forum why he named his new b eds Friendship garden 1&2. Couldn't get them all IN one.
OC saying thanks everybody for your love, your support and your HOSTAS !!!!
There may be snow in the garden, but there will always be eternal springtime in the heart of this old gardner - Saying of Old Coot
LucyGoose

Post by LucyGoose »

How lucky you were Dee...I love the picture! Yep, hosta people are the best! I love Hanks POD! Many Thanks!

Lucy waving to Hank & Betty!!
largosmom

Post by largosmom »

:D

Nice to see you all!

Hank, I love POD and it's nice to put a face to the name.

Laura
New Topic Post Reply