Pics for Mr. LM and Chris (the rest of you can peek too!)

Talk about hostas, hostas, and more hostas! Companion plant topics should be posted in the Shade Garden forum.

Moderators: ViolaAnn, redcrx, Chris_W

New Topic Post Reply
GrannyNanny

Pics for Mr. LM and Chris (the rest of you can peek too!)

Post by GrannyNanny »

Here are two pics that I have courtesy of Mr. LM and Chris. The first is the seedling that grew from seeds sent me by Mr. LM -- it is a Blue MammothxNorthern Exposure cross, and is from 2004. It is already large, and I suspect it will get larger. I like the cupping of the leaves, although it is hard to see in this pic. I just moved it to my front garden from the nursery bed, and it was some chore to get it dug up and replanted! Thanks, Mr. LM!
The second is the 'Blizzard' that I bought from Chris several years ago. It started out as two puny leaves, which Chris said he sent in preference to a larger one he had, because this one had better markings. It has grown and grown, and is looking wonderful! Thanks, Chris
Attachments
2007 6 3 H Blizzard.jpg
2007 6 3 Blue MmthxN Exp front of house.jpg
wishiwere
USDA Zone: 5

Post by wishiwere »

Both, very nice! So these are 3 years this year being their 4th? How big is the blizzard would you say?
Jane (from the middle of the Mitten state)
My hosta list: viewtopic.php?t=39540
newtohosta-no more

Post by newtohosta-no more »

They certainly are nice! And I love the way Chris and Brian put in a lot of consideration in what they send us when we order from them. They're the best! :wink: :D
~JOAN~
My Hosta List

Tomorrow is promised to no one, so love and laugh today.
GrannyNanny

Post by GrannyNanny »

I'm bumping this up, to make sure that Mr. Leafmould and Chris get to see it. Phyllis
madmama

Post by madmama »

I got my Blizzard from Chris the same year you did Phyllis. It had 4 BIG eyes this spring but then was hit by that late hard freeze. It came back better then I thought it would. Not as big as it would have been, but it’s not dead. I’ll try to get a picture of it tomorrow to add to yours. I know Chris is interested in the growth and color of these.
<font size="+2" I>Jane<I/font>
madmama

Post by madmama »

Sorry this took me so long. I was having computer troubles and needed to catch my DS to take care of it. Finally caught the boy tonight.

As you can see the color is nice, but the size is not even half of what it would have been if not for the freeze.
<font size="+2" I>Jane<I/font>
New Topic Post Reply