Today's pics

Talk about hostas, hostas, and more hostas! Companion plant topics should be posted in the Shade Garden forum.

Moderators: ViolaAnn, redcrx, Chris_W

New Topic Post Reply
Lessadragon
USDA Zone: 5b

Today's pics

Post by Lessadragon »

Thank you all for the wonderful comments on my pics. Here are a few more...

Corn Belt
Cascades
Camelot
Abba Dabba Do
Bridegroom
Blue Angel
Big Daddy
Aristocrat

Lynn
wzbt03

Nice pictures

Post by wzbt03 »

I like all the pictures and it reminds me I better master the small picture thing soon.
wishiwere
USDA Zone: 5

Post by wishiwere »

Wowzers! They are all gorgeous! Healthy specimens, each one! Thanks for sharing them!
Jane (from the middle of the Mitten state)
My hosta list: viewtopic.php?t=39540
newtohosta-no more

Post by newtohosta-no more »

They all look fantastic ,Lynn! I lost the first two this last year which bums me out, but what can you do? Yours look like they are well established plants! :D
~JOAN~
My Hosta List

Tomorrow is promised to no one, so love and laugh today.
eastwood2007

Post by eastwood2007 »

I really like that Corn Belt. Yeah, I lost Aristocrat this year...I think to moles, or dogs digging for moles...
Charla
Latitude 38.57N; Longitude -94.89W (Elev. 886 ft.)
Patrushka
USDA Zone: 5a

Post by Patrushka »

They're all lovely Lynn! :cool: I don't have any of them. Keep on posting. :D
Pat
My Hosta List

Keep your face always toward the sunshine and the shadows will fall behind you.
~ Walt Whitman
renaldo75

Post by renaldo75 »

Another batch of great looking hostas, Lynn!! :P 8-) I can see that my Bridegroom & Camelot will just keep getting fuller & better!! :D

And I really like that glimpse of your gardens we see in the Blue Angel pic. Very nice!!! :cool: I think we need some more of those too. :wink:
GO HAWKEYES!!!

Renaldo's Hosta List
Latitude: 40° 59' 17.6676"; Longitude: -94° 44' 28.014"
Wanda

Post by Wanda »

Lynn: Just gorgeous...but I am wih Renaldo...want to see more overall garden pix! Especially the big “new” area you planted a year or so ago - please? It was so pretty even freshly planted - bet its gorgeous now!

wanda
digs57

Post by digs57 »

Great pics.

Interesting to see the Corn Belt - mine doesn't have any piecrusting either, is it expected to produce any when more mature? (I thought so.... that's why I got one!)

Bridegroom seems to be exactly the same as Stirfry... except for the better name :wink:

and you have the best Cascades I've ever seen!

Digs.
...greening up the Great White North!!!

Digs' hosta list
45° 22' N 75° 43' W, 114 metres (374 ') above sea level.
Lessadragon

Post by Lessadragon »

Thanks everyone.
Wanda, that particular garden doesn't look really great right now. Most of the hostas in that bed were stock plants. Many of them have been split up for sale. It has changed many times since it was made. :lol: We are constantly changing things around here. :roll:
I will try to get some new pics of the gardens and post them for you Reldon. Things have been so busy around here lately. But I will try.
Thanks for looking at my pics.

Lynn
renaldo75

Post by renaldo75 »

No problem, Lynn - whenever you can works just fine for me. :wink: I saw that one pic & wanted to see more. 8-) :P

Digs - I have both Stirfry & Bridegroom and they are very similar in appearance, but if you had them side by side you'd see they are distinctly different.

I was thinking the same thing about the Cascade. I don't think I've ever seen a pic of one that looks that full & good.
GO HAWKEYES!!!

Renaldo's Hosta List
Latitude: 40° 59' 17.6676"; Longitude: -94° 44' 28.014"
Wanda

Post by Wanda »

Lynn: I understand...next time it looks like it did, take some pix, ok? It really was something special that year you showed it to us!

I have to move and rearrange things every 3-5 yrs. I planted my hosta to look good right now, so every 3-5 yrs. I dig up entire beds/gardens, set the hosta aside, add a bunch of composted manure and leafmould then only put back half the plants...and use the opportunity to rearrange things. I don’t know how folks can plant once them leave them alone!!!

wanda
hostadad

Post by hostadad »

My compliments. Everything looks so green and healthy. Looks like you have done a lot of watering? Do you have an irrigation system, or do you hand water all the hostas? Your landscape is so beautiful Lynn. great job! :D
barbara

Post by barbara »

Awesome, Lynn! tell me...do you use slug bait, and if so, which? Gorgeous plants. So neat and clean. .. how do you do it? Inspiring! :D :D :D
Lessadragon

Post by Lessadragon »

Thank you so much everyone.
We wish we had an irrigation system! We overhead water....yeah, I know all the arguments against it, but cost is a huge factor. So far our well has risen to the challenge of all of this watering. Hopefully it will continue to meet our needs.
As for how we do it all, well, for one, you can't see the weeds cause these pics are not close ones. :D We work together at this. We weed and mulch all of the gardens first thing in the spring as well as edge them all. Once the mulch is on, it's just a matter of keeping on top of the weeds. We are out in our gardens all of the time that we are not working our real jobs. Oh...and we have no lives. :lol: :lol: DH loves to tell people that insanity runs deep. :???: I'm thinking he might not be too far off the mark there. :lol:

Lynn
Spider
USDA Zone: 9A

Post by Spider »

Cascades is beautiful!!
Spider
USDA Zone: 9A

Post by Spider »

Cascades is beautiful!!
New Topic Post Reply