Midwest Convention

Talk about hostas, hostas, and more hostas! Companion plant topics should be posted in the Shade Garden forum.

Moderators: ViolaAnn, redcrx, Chris_W

Marlys
USDA Zone: 5B

Midwest Regional

Post by Marlys »

Rod,

Pella People are planning to attend the midwest regional 2007. Ron & I, my daughter & her husband, David & Betsy (neighbors), friend, Connie & Trudy should all be rolling in on Friday.

Sorry, Lisa, I'd love to help with the decorating!

I don't have a red hat either! Ron is still waiting to see his picture with you gals. :P

Rod, we were hoping to see you at the Iowa Arboretum today. We had a perfect day for garden tours & the AUCTION! (Ask Eric if we are still friends.) :lol:

MM
hostavalley

Post by hostavalley »

YES!!!!!

only a few days from now and i'm on a airplane to Chicago.......then first some great hosta visits before the Mid west convention....with Rod, Rox and Jim and more of you!!!

and then the Mid west convention...my first time!! I hope to meet you all over there...and have a lot of hosta talk!!!

BTW...Rod don't forget to pick me up from the airport on saturday!!!! :???: :???: :???: :???: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Jeroen Linneman.
I have a website about Hostas.
http://www.hostavalley.eu
renaldo75

Post by renaldo75 »

Well I have the time already marked off from the new job, but the earliest I could be there would probly be early Fri evening. After I missed the registration deadline, I didn't see how I would be able to swing $175 + the price of gas and trying to find some place to stay at the last minute. It would definitely help that they're not charging the late fee, but...

I would love to be there if anyone has any suggestions.
GO HAWKEYES!!!

Renaldo's Hosta List
Latitude: 40° 59' 17.6676"; Longitude: -94° 44' 28.014"
DBoweMD

Post by DBoweMD »

Reldon, what if I enticed you with some free hostas you still need in your collection?
Jamie

Post by Jamie »

How will some of us know who others are? I know quite a few from past meetings but not sure I've seen all of you. I sure in the BEEP not wearing NO RED HAT :lol: :lol: My heads BALD enough from hats so I stopped wearing them LOL.. Maybe we could stick a colored piece of paper on us so other know what to look for?
renaldo75

Post by renaldo75 »

Dave - will I be able to sleep in the pots?? :wink: :lol: :lol:
GO HAWKEYES!!!

Renaldo's Hosta List
Latitude: 40° 59' 17.6676"; Longitude: -94° 44' 28.014"
baja220
USDA Zone: 6

Post by baja220 »

Roxanne wrote:Debbie, the T-shirt Rod is wearing is the official convention shirt for the Midwest Regional. Bix Blues is the theme, as Bix Beiderbecke was from Davenport, and the convention plant this year is 'Bix Blues' :P
:
So is there any way to get one?? I love it!!!
patsue53

Post by patsue53 »

Wish I could but finances are too tight this year to even buy any hostas.......I just can't swing the $125. I know you'll all have fun. :)
Linda P

Post by Linda P »

patsue53 wrote:Wish I could but finances are too tight this year to even buy any hostas.......I just can't swing the $125. I know you'll all have fun. :)
:(

Linda P
And time remembered is grief forgotten,
And frosts are slain and flowers begotten.....
Algernon Charles Swinburne

Latitude: 41° 51' 12.1572"

My Hosta List
chelielynn

Post by chelielynn »

I'm not going to make it to the convention but I'm wondering if it's problem to go to the vendor sales? I'm itching for a couple new hostas and Davenport isn't far away.
Linda P

Post by Linda P »

Here's a link to the schedule:

http://www.midwesthostasociety.org/Docs ... le2007.pdf

The hosta show and vendors are open to the public in Friday afternoon from 3:30 to 5:00.

Linda P
And time remembered is grief forgotten,
And frosts are slain and flowers begotten.....
Algernon Charles Swinburne

Latitude: 41° 51' 12.1572"

My Hosta List
New Topic Post Reply