Hosta Stitch In Time

Talk about hostas, hostas, and more hostas! Companion plant topics should be posted in the Shade Garden forum.

Moderators: ViolaAnn, redcrx, Chris_W

New Topic Post Reply
Jamie

Hosta Stitch In Time

Post by Jamie »

Was the other that was most talked about at the convention. It's a sport from Summer Breeze that Rob Mortko "Made In The Shade Gardens" found. Gary "Naylor Creek" had a nice display plant at the convention but I forgot to take a picture. This is another that I'm anxious to see at a mature size. It was also a pleasure meeting Rob in person and putting faces behind the plants :-)

Hosta Registry - http://www.hostaregistrar.org/detail.ph ... 0in%20Time
MyHostas - http://myhostas.be/db/hostas/Stitch+in+Time
Hosta Library - http://www.hostalibrary.org/s/stitchintime.html

Edited note: The link to the image was no longer valid. There are other images below.
LisaO

Post by LisaO »

love this one...
"Busy Mom" from son up to son down :)
Lisa

Lisa's Hosta List
eastwood2007

Post by eastwood2007 »

Got it early this spring...Awesome!
Charla
Latitude 38.57N; Longitude -94.89W (Elev. 886 ft.)
Nathalie23

Post by Nathalie23 »

Beautiful!!!
Nathalie

I usually speak french so sorry for my mistakes in english
Nathalie23 Hosta List
Mary Ann

Post by Mary Ann »

Here's the Naylor Creek display. Gary said 'Stitch in Time' does not tissue culture well so probably will not come down in price anytime soon.
July 14 2007 024.jpg
My Hosta List

The Best Things in Life Aren't Things
leafmould

Post by leafmould »

8-) I like the look of this plant. I have had similar things happen to seedlings of mine but they were never good growers, Any growth reports from purchasers ?
Mr. Leafmould
wishiwere
USDA Zone: 5

Post by wishiwere »

Definitely something different for hosta, Isn't it? Almost doesn't look like a hosta! Wouldn't that be pretty with blue in the center? :D
Jane (from the middle of the Mitten state)
My hosta list: viewtopic.php?t=39540
eastwood2007

Post by eastwood2007 »

Here's mine...

First pic is what it looked like April 15. The bottom two are today. The color in today's overhead is not quite right. It is greener/golder as you can see from the side view...

While I have a few others I got this year that have grown faster, this one is keeping up nicely and has very good substance.
0717 002.jpg
0717 001.jpg
april 14 006.jpg
Charla
Latitude 38.57N; Longitude -94.89W (Elev. 886 ft.)
Jamie

Post by Jamie »

Hi Leafy,
I agree with Charla. While not the fastest growing in the garden and not the slowest. Mines put on a new flush of leafs since I took that picture over 2 month ago.. When I decided to buy this the first thing that came to mind was your Cosmic Rain and Amethyst Star. Stitch In Time would really POP if it had a flower like one of yours :wink: . To be honest I'm not even sure what the flower looks like on this one.
adlesma

Post by adlesma »

I want one of these really badly, but the way things are going for me in the garden this year, I don't want to spend $50.00 for it! :( I know it won't come down in price any time soon, but maybe I'll see how the things I planted this year come up and chance it next year. Yours is really pretty - so different. :cool:
New Topic Post Reply