Secret Trade has arrived!!! Thank you!!

Talk about hostas, hostas, and more hostas! Companion plant topics should be posted in the Shade Garden forum.

Moderators: ViolaAnn, redcrx, Chris_W

dmi188

Secret Trade has arrived!!! Thank you!!

Post by dmi188 »

Am I the first to receive my package??? How Cool!
Newhostaaddict sent me a wonderful package! I received Tatoo, which I have been wanting, and Crusader. Both selections I don't have, thank you! Also enclosed was the cutest little garden snail ornament! Thanks so much! 8-)
ademink

Post by ademink »

Awesome! So fun that you received yours already! :D
Help! I'm being held hostage!

My Hosta List
Justaysam

Post by Justaysam »

I've just received mine also. I'm not sure of the fourm member name thou.
Lee, in Gray, Me sent 3 beautiful hosta, an epimedium (great for shade!) and an Angel Trumpet! Also enclosed was a little idol, Indian, I think , or maybe Buddist? It will go out into the garden with the other art stuff.
Thank You, Lee!
I got H. Blue Haired Lady
H. Swoosh and H. Gypsy Rose! I have the Blue Haired Lady and love having another, the other 2 I did not currently have, so I will add them to the garden and enjoy them, esp. the Swoosh as an addition to my breeding stock!
Thanks again Lee!
ademink

Post by ademink »

Lee is "Lee" on here. :D Sounds like she guessed well!

My Hosta List
whamadiddle
USDA Zone: 5

Post by whamadiddle »

There are some folks who have such extensive lists, it's pretty daunting to try to figure out what kind of things they might like!
yes andrea you were so busted and your follow up pm's only confirmed it :lol:

i am glad you were up to the challenge though. you did great! i received 'gay blade', 'star kissed', montana 'chodia ginyo' and outhouse delight' (maybe i can keep this little ugly one alive - i have killed 2).

it was a pleasure meeting you at the indy convention. always cool to put a face with a name. come on by and check out how your hostas are doing at the midwest convention next year.

thanks andrea,
ken
Ken
ademink

Post by ademink »

Well, you PM'd me first....what was I supposed to do but chat incessantly in an attempt to throw you off the trail? :o :-? :lol:

Glad the choices were good ones for you - I had a lot of fun picking them out! :D

See you at the convention next year!

My Hosta List
newhostaaddict

secret trade

Post by newhostaaddict »

denise...

so glad they arrived safe and sound....and that you didn't have them already....your list at the member's journal site was 2 years old....sooo.....was crossing my fingures all the way....

hope they "thrive" in your garden....and "that" snail is harmless...

jill
Lee

Secret Trade

Post by Lee »

Linda... glad you like them, I was not sure what to send you coz u don't have list, talked to Andrea and she suggested Swoosh... Thanks Andrea... and that little doll is Buddha..
dmi188

Post by dmi188 »

Jill, my list is not really that old, I just use the EDIT button. Its almost up to date! Thanks again! That snail is the only one allowed in my garden!
rakenleafs

Post by rakenleafs »

I was lazily dozing in the recliner when I heard the ole familiar beep-beep of the mailmans truck..
I knew what it was...
My secret trade has arrived... can't believe how fast!
Linda - Justaysam sent me 3 wonderful Hosta and a very nice note.
H. Madam, when I opened her, I needed to stop and put my sunglasses on.. :cool: . I have NEVER seen a Hosta so darn bright
H. Touch of Class, this has been on my wish list.. in fact it was the first Hosta to be put on my list. I don't believe I have ever held a Hosta in my hand that was as sturdy as this, it feels like a club, with thick leaves to match... okay bugs, snails, grubs, crickets... BITE THIS!
And the most special, because I feel anyone who has taken the time to plant a seed, has done it with love and passes on a little part of themselves.
Linda sent one of her seedlings from H. Liberty Bell. It is a very nice streaker, and I can hardley wait and see what it grows up to be.
Rest assured Linda, I will take very good care and send you baby pictures along the way.
Thank you so much... I feel just giddy, now to go scout the grounds and see where everyone is going.
Fran :bd:
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit..
Wisdom is knowing not to put it in fruit salad.
rakenleafs Hosta Lists
Justaysam

Post by Justaysam »

Yea! I'm so glad you liked your package! I don't grow many other pern. other than hosta, so thats all I could come up with. Have fun with them!
Lee

Secret trade arrived

Post by Lee »

Received mine today from Hostasandpapillons , boy… was I happy to see all the Hostas she sent me… I got
Hacksaw - really like this one and I think I will plant him beside Ginsu knife…
Yellow Polka Dot Bikini… very nice… on my want list
Fat Cheek - Love the name LOL!!!
One Man Treasure… nice red Petiole
Montain Fog - cute little one
Purple Lady fingers- nice small one
Also cute little fall ornament..
Lori.. I'm so glad you picked those smaller size coz I'm running out of room LOL!!!!
Thanks again Lori… also thanks Natalie for setting up the trade..
Lee
Dee
USDA Zone: 5

Post by Dee »

I received my package today, too. I was just stunned - pleasantly so, of course. I got so many goodies!!! Let's see - I got hostas Undulata Suji Giboshi (to add to my alphabet :D ), Amy Elizabeth, Stiletto, Lakeside Zinger, Tick Tock (so cute!), Ground Master, and Sea Octopus. Also in my box were pulmonaria 'Raspberry Splash', excellent metal plant labels for all, a couple of cute garden plaques, and some great Burt's Bees' lip balm. I'm out of breath just typing everything I received. :lol: All have been potted up and will be lovingly tended during this hot spell we're entering.

Thank you so much maidofshade (Cheryl)!!!!
And special thanks to Nathalie for setting up the trade this time around.

:D :D :D
maidofshade

Post by maidofshade »

Dee, Glad you like them. I was just going to check out your confirmation to see where the package was at--now I know :wink: Be happy! I had fun packing them for you. :D
MrHeinz77

Post by MrHeinz77 »

Since my hostas have a little ways to go, I decided to ship Saturday (post office works behind the scenes on Sundays.) I was hoping for a little less heat, but the forcast is showing the heat will not let up until ??? The plants are being taken care of right now waiting to find their new home.
Jim
MrHeinz77's Hosta List

Zone 4

-91.84521 42.35827
MrHeinz77

Woops

Post by MrHeinz77 »

Woops, wrong thread. Heat must be getting to me.
MrHeinz77's Hosta List

Zone 4

-91.84521 42.35827
fenceberry

Post by fenceberry »

Got my secret trade today. Thanks Butch, aka Wild Dog!
He sent me some of his originator stock Sultana, a small division of Loyalist, two different Ajugas, and a division of his June sport. I'm thinking I'll call the June sport Mrs. Cleaver. :lol:
Thanks very much, Butch. I've got them all taking a big drink of water now and I'll get them in the ground soon.
Wild Dog

Post by Wild Dog »

Thanks very much, Butch. I've got them all taking a big drink of water now and I'll get them in the ground soon.
Fenceberry, I would pot these for a while considering the upcoming temps. If you lose anything let me know and I'll get you more.
Conflict is as addictive as
Cocaine, Alcohol, Cigarettes
I’m sorry to report
That cooperation is not
fenceberry

Post by fenceberry »

Good idea, I'll get them potted up in the morning. Thanks again!
Jean

And Thanks to Nathalie, too!!
MrHeinz77

Secret Trade Arrived Today

Post by MrHeinz77 »

Thank you Caliloo :) My secret trade arrived today. It felt like Christmas :snow: All the hostas I got are new to my collection.

Choo Choo Train x 2 I love large hostas and am looking forward to seeing this one mature.

Queen Josephine My Grandma in Law's name is Josephine (some of you know Grandma Jo) so this will have a special meaning to me.

Toy Soldier I really like Blue Cadet so this one should be even more stunning

Quilting Bee Grandma Jo is a quilter, so this will also have a special meaning to me.

Toy Soldier and Quilting Bee also have pods on them. I will have to see if the seeds develop. Maybe I will get something great.

Alexa, don't worry about these not being on my Wish List. My wish list mainly listed some I hoped to purchase in the next few years. Most of them are quite expensive.

Thank you to Nathalie for organizing this trade. It was my first and it was lots of fun.
MrHeinz77's Hosta List

Zone 4

-91.84521 42.35827
New Topic Post Reply