Pic of the Day--Venetian Blue

Talk about hostas, hostas, and more hostas! Companion plant topics should be posted in the Shade Garden forum.

Moderators: ViolaAnn, redcrx, Chris_W

New Topic Post Reply
Hank Zumach

Pic of the Day--Venetian Blue

Post by Hank Zumach »

Hi All--Venetian Blue is very similar in appearance to Elvis Lives, at least in our garden. Venetian Blue, growing in the full shade of our Friendship Garden, starts out the season with a nice blue color that has gradually turned green as the season goes on. Elvis Lives does not show the blue coloring and is about 25% larger than Venetian Blue, which should be about 36x14 a maturity. Last year Venetian Blue measured 22x10 and this year was 24x11.
Attachments
venetian Blue 6-25-07c 011.jpg
Venetian Blue 9-20-06c 012.jpg
Hank
Better Gnomes & Gardens
zone 4B-5A
Latitude: 43° 48' 51" N
wishiwere
USDA Zone: 5

Post by wishiwere »

I received this from the secret trade last year (thanks again Patsue :). I love it's pretty blue shade and form. Problem with mine is that it lost it's shade and must be moved to a shadier location next year. It's in nearly full sun now and although it set seeds and did well without burning, it did turn a bit more green that it should have :(

Very reliable I'd say, as it's taken a beating with the sun this year. :D
Jane (from the middle of the Mitten state)
My hosta list: viewtopic.php?t=39540
LucyGoose

Post by LucyGoose »

Hi Hank!!

I like my VB.....It's the shape that I like....Sorry, no picture to show....No time for me to look throught the mess to find it...:lol: I have mine on the east side of my house and it does not get any sun there at all.....You'll like it better as it grows I think!

Thanks for all the POD's!!
redcrx
USDA Zone: 7

Re: Pic of the Day--Venetian Blue

Post by redcrx »

Ed McHugh, Sicklerville NJ
ImageMockingbird feeding juvenile yellow raisons - never leave home without them.
New Topic Post Reply