Very Depressing

Talk about hostas, hostas, and more hostas! Companion plant topics should be posted in the Shade Garden forum.

Moderators: ViolaAnn, redcrx, Chris_W

New Topic Post Reply
hostasilly

Very Depressing

Post by hostasilly »

When I wake up the wind is howling outside the window, a glance outside shows a dusting of snow. Boo hoo, just 3 days ago I was outside potting perennials for the city wide garage sale coming up in a couple of weeks. Last night I hauled the potted hosta roots into the kitchen. They were so brave coming up so soon I just could't let them stay outside. The good news is it is just at 32 degrees so nothing should be hurt. The hostas here are just pretty much nubs-not leafed out. Can't wait for real spring!
Linda P

Post by Linda P »

Depressing, and just WRONG! It's in the high 30's here this morning, but sounds like we'll be seeing some colder temps the first of the week. Some of my hostas are starting to unfurl, and of course those are the ones out in the open. I'll have to round up stuff to cover some of them with. It was so nice a few days last week that it felt like summer. Then all the rain really forced things out of the ground.
Well, at least (so far) we haven't had snow, though they are predicting it for tomorrow. Wrong, I say...WRONG!
Linda P
And time remembered is grief forgotten,
And frosts are slain and flowers begotten.....
Algernon Charles Swinburne

Latitude: 41° 51' 12.1572"

My Hosta List
renaldo75

Post by renaldo75 »

The temp was 35 when I went home from work after midnite last nite. I was hoping it wouldn't drop any lower. At least the wind is blowing. That should help keep any cold pockets moving if they do develop. I'm hoping the high today & the next couple of days will be higher than expected. Then maybe the drop tonite won't be quite as low. This morning the sun is shining at least... :???:
GO HAWKEYES!!!

Renaldo's Hosta List
Latitude: 40° 59' 17.6676"; Longitude: -94° 44' 28.014"
eastwood2007

Post by eastwood2007 »

Same thing expected here....ho hummm...
Charla
Latitude 38.57N; Longitude -94.89W (Elev. 886 ft.)
jgh

Post by jgh »

Snow flurries have continued all morning... trying desperately to keep the greenhouse and greenhouse addition (more later!) warm enough... potting by carrying bins of potting mix into a little space in the greenhouse... cold wet cold grey cold depressed cold... grumble grumble grumble...
MrHeinz77

Post by MrHeinz77 »

It was 31* when I got up to milk this morning. :eek: Will the warm weather ever be here to stay?
MrHeinz77's Hosta List

Zone 4

-91.84521 42.35827
Dee
USDA Zone: 5

Post by Dee »

I have frost blanket type things to cover my hostas with, but here's my question. If I cover them up and it's raining, when the cold/freeze comes will they just freeze to the plants? I mean, will I be covering them for nothing?
newtohosta-no more

Post by newtohosta-no more »

It has been a gorgeous day here today, but the colder weather is expected to reach us by tomorrow. Some of the forecasts say a chance of some snow, so I'm not listening to them. :lol: It is supposed to be cooler for most of this week, but hopefully we will warm back up and not have our usual late hard frost. *keeping my fingers crossed* :wink:
~JOAN~
My Hosta List

Tomorrow is promised to no one, so love and laugh today.
MollyD

Post by MollyD »

I've been seeing similar forecast for my area next week. I'm a bit worried about a few like Korean Snow and Wolverine which are fully leafed out now :???:

MollyD
MollyD's Hosta list
Lat: 42.89N, Lon: 77.28W
New Topic Post Reply