Secret Trade Received!

Talk about hostas, hostas, and more hostas! Companion plant topics should be posted in the Shade Garden forum.

Moderators: ViolaAnn, redcrx, Chris_W

whitewater176

Post by whitewater176 »

Linda you are very welcome, I believe you had us or we had you in a previous trade and while we were getting one box ready decided 2 could be done as easily as one, and as I said we hate to hear of a hostaholic losing custody of their favorite plants.
Steve and Deb
Psssssttttttt and Miss Lucy provided the addy so she was kinda in on it too.
LucyGoose

Post by LucyGoose »

:o oh yeah......... :lol:
morgansrgr8
USDA Zone: 5

Post by morgansrgr8 »

I kinda figured you were in kahoots together. :wink: You know I just told my bf about the hallsons get together and he said we might just get to go. He has vacation to use up. But how will I get hosta on a motorcycle :eek: He likes my hosta and I think he wants to get me one. LOL think I could talk him into maybe 2. hehehe He asked me once how much one of mine cost. I couldnt tell him. I got to take one mature Chinese Sunrise with about 20 eyes or better. So I told him about $75. You should have seen his eyes get big. :o :lol: The other thread is so right. Non hosta people just don't understand how they make us feel. And they are the best friendship plant you could ever have. Thankyou
Linda
I know I am past the point of no return but what a way to go.

My Hosta List
pretends_to_garden

Post by pretends_to_garden »

I got mine today too! Thanks Mike & Stephanie! (AKA Steg)
Stephanie sent:
Lemon Lime
Golden Scepter
Golden Tiara
Krossa Regal

This is too cool! I haven't seen any of these around here, and Chris and Brian don't have them either, so I probably never would have acquired any of them without the Secret Trade!
Lemon Lime is the cutest little thing!
Golden Scepter too!
Golden Tiara to go with my other "Tiaras"
and Krossa Regal is, well, "Regal" :lol:

Thanks again Stephanie and Mike!

Theresa
thy
USDA Zone: 7

Post by thy »

:hmm: got a note in the mail yesterday to picup a box today,... had to bee in the last minutes before closing time, but I knew it was from Kathleen( LycyG) so I just had to be there in time..
Got the box and wanted to open it right away, so I crossed the walkway and asked for a big latte... it came with nothing added :o , but at that time the box was open and Kathleen need to be spanked... one big box of my favorite Trinidaded and a very healty mini garden thing ...

THANK YOU ... I am so happy...
but you have to learn not too do things like that
HUGS :evil: HUGS
Against stupidity the gods themselves struggle in vain.
E-mail for pics hostapics@gmail.com
LucyGoose

Post by LucyGoose »

:o What?? Spanked?? :lol: :lol: .....Well, I had promised you that box of chocolates......Fanny May Trinadad's.....and the garden thingy......little Otome.....:wink:......I love candy.... :wink: .....Oh little Pia.......Enjoy, my friend!!!! :cool:
newB

Post by newB »

I got my secret trade yesterday!

The box was waiting for me when I got home. I was so tired from helping to reside a friends house, I got sunburned and I just started running after a year off, I am in some serious pain! (over did it don't ya know) I am sure you can understand, all I wanted was some Advil, a glass of wine, a bath and my bed!

Then I saw the box....

Sunburn, what sunburn, pain? what pain? tired? not too tired for Hosta!

I got 5 amazing Hosta and a Sedum from Tap_ia_hifive_29 aka "Pat"

I was so excited that I got them all planted right after oooh and ahhhhing over them!

I know, I know, get to the names....

She sent:

"Patrician" Such a cutie, a fast grower, andvit will always remind me of my first secret trade + the wonderful person that sent it to me :D

"Sweet Tater Pie" Great color! + a very wavy leaf, nice!

"Yellow Splash Rim" Big leaf + great yellow margins.

"Dark Star" Very nice color, a lot of blue.

"Second Wind" My favorite of all that Pat sent, I love the dark color, + it's a sport of "Whirlwind" which I had, but threw out, I was worried it was sick, no wonder I like this one so much. AND she sent a 6 eye division which didn't hurt :wink:

And she also sent a large clump of Variegated Sedum! How did she know that I like Sedum? How did she know to send enough so my Mother-in-law could get some? Do all Hosta lovers like Hosta, Sedum, Peony and Lilac? Or is Pat just a mind reader?

As a "newB" I have very few Hosta so I did not have any of the plants she sent. I am so greatful! Thank You, Thank You, Thank You!!!!!

I can't wait for the next trade, can we do it again next month?? :D

Thank you Pat, you gave me the shove I needed to get my Hosta off to my secret tradee, I sure hope that they will be as happy with my choices! They sure have a lot of Hosta so it was very difficult to choose.

This IS better than Christmas, all my hubby got me was some Pj's that were two sizes too big, What is he trying to say???? :lol:

Thanks to all that made this possible, your time and hard work is greatly appreciated!

Mari
Who needs shoes when you can have another Hosta???
grdnnkd

Post by grdnnkd »

I received my trade last night!!

Spider (aka Carol) had Naylor's send 2 beautiful hostas, Queen of the Seas (which was on my wish list) and Arctic Blast. I had never heard of this hosta, but it has characterisics that I like; pie crusting and an upright form. Both are wonderful selections.

Will be potting these up until the "new" area is ready (doesn't every hosta owner have a "new" area?).

Thanks Carol!!

Thank you Nathalie for hosting this spring.

Already looking forward to the summer trade!
grdnnkd's Hosta List
Latitude: 46° 78' N; Longitude: -92° 12' W
caliloo
USDA Zone: SE PA z6

Post by caliloo »

I couldn't participate in the Secret Trade this year but I love seeing what everyone got. I am so excited for all of you!

Happy gardening everyone and the traders have all sent fantastic boxes this year.

Alexa
Spring - An experience in immortality.
- Henry D. Thoreau
nanny_56
USDA Zone: 5b
Location: Putnam County, Indiana Lat. 39* 45' 54.2892" Long. -86* 41' 55.9284''

Post by nanny_56 »

caliloo wrote:I couldn't participate in the Secret Trade this year but I love seeing what everyone got. I am so excited for all of you!

Happy gardening everyone and the traders have all sent fantastic boxes this year.

Alexa
Me Too! :D ....sigh....maybe next year
Claudia
"When one tugs at a single thing in nature, he finds it attached to the rest" - John Muir
Willowy

Post by Willowy »

Me three. However the best part of the trade was always hearing how excited and pleased people were when they opened their surprise packages. I love reading the followup thread on the Secret Trade!
a.k.a. hostabuff
My Hosta List & My Blog
Spider
USDA Zone: 9A

Post by Spider »

So glad you like them grdnnkd! I wanted to fulfill your piecrust wishes, the Queen of the Seas thread (and your wish list) made that a must. Arctic Blast caught my eye while I was browsing for something new, it had a good photo. :) I'm also glad Naylors was an approved place to order from. The last thing I want is to send HVX to someone!
Spider's Hosta List There are photos there too :)

"I gotta have more cowbell!" SNL

"If your gecko is broken you have a reptile dysfunction."

"If you don't talk to your cat about catnip...who will?"
JJR

Post by JJR »

I received my secret trade yesterday. Thank you Allen (allhuskrred). Allen sent me nice sized divisions of:
Great Expectations
Golden Gate
Radiant Edger
Sweet Home Chicago
Last Dance

They were all planted today. THANKS AGAIN!!!!
largosmom

Post by largosmom »

I'm also enjoying from afar this year. My babies need to grow up a little more so that I can share some!

Laura
Patrushka
USDA Zone: 5a

Post by Patrushka »

I received my secret trade today. :cool:

Marvelous Marlys sent me three beautiful hostas, which are all new to me, along with a sweet note which included some info about each of the hostas.

I received:

Everlasting Love - It is just the cutest little thing you could ever want.

Royal Tiara - This is another cutie pie with curly leaves.

Savannah - It's a beauty too and it's a perfect companion for the Savannah Supreme that I received in the hosta exchange (from Linda P) at Linda P's Hosta Hoedown Get Together last Summer.

Thank you so much Marlys. I love all of them. Thanks for making this Spring's trade special and fun. :D
Pat
My Hosta List

Keep your face always toward the sunshine and the shadows will fall behind you.
~ Walt Whitman
JaneG

Post by JaneG »

It looks like everyone is getting great trades! :D I sent mine off this morning. I'm right in the middle of the country so it could be going any direction! :lol:
JaneG
Start slowly . . . then taper off.
baja220
USDA Zone: 6

Post by baja220 »

There was a box on my porch tonight when I got home that had 'Hallson's Trade' written on it!!!!! :D

Ken Harris(Whamadiddle) sent me 3 hostas, 2 were on my wish list!!!! 8-) Thanks Ken!!

He sent Lakeside Prophecy, Embroidery(been on my wish list forever), and Yellow Splash Rim!!! This is just awesome, I love surprises!!!

Thanks again Ken and Nathalie for getting this together again this year!!

Now, when's the next one??!! :lol:

Oh, I almost forgot the tags that Ken sent. !!! You should see these things. They're like weapons!! Oh wait, I took a pic so I'll load it on puter and post a pic!!

Here it is! I'm telling you, this thing is built to last!! Or kill with!! :lol:
chelielynn

Post by chelielynn »

Yeah got mine yesterday. Was running around all day yesterday between soccer and errands. I thought I'd got check on everything outside at 9pm. Low and behold there was a box at my side door. Dave (DBoweMD) sent me a nice box full of hostas. None of which I already had. I got,
Golden scepter
Kabitan
Blue Arrow
Praire Magic
Logissima
Radio Waves
Illicit Affair
Lemon Delight
St. Elmo's Fire

They were all potted up quick until I get some things moved around here. I'll get some pictures a little later when it's light out. Thanks for the all the hostas.

Shelly
whamadiddle

Post by whamadiddle »

hi debbie -

glad you enjoyed the package :)

now - there will be no killing please (unless it is a mole, vole or some other varmint) :o
Ken
largosmom

Post by largosmom »

I was just thinking those might be good vole weapons, lol! Nice collection and Neat tags!
New Topic Post Reply