Summer Hallson's Trade RECEIVED!

Talk about hostas, hostas, and more hostas! Companion plant topics should be posted in the Shade Garden forum.

Moderators: ViolaAnn, redcrx, Chris_W

AlwaysWeeding

Summer Hallson's Trade RECEIVED!

Post by AlwaysWeeding »

I am the first one to do the hosta dance - yea!
:snow:
I got a personal delivery tonight of freshly dug HUGE hostas from chellilyn. She tried hard to leave them without getting caught, but the dogs heard her and we went outside to see who was here.
:snow:
chellilyn brought by "starts" of plants that would be a good two years' growth if you go out and buy them. I now have
American Halo (off my wish list)
Second Wind (also wished for)
Marilyn (which I didn't have).
She also brought a beautiful big daylily named Prairie Moonlight that is a pale yellow with diamond dusting and 7 inch blooms.
I took pics, but they blurred cause it was getting late. I will take new ones tomorrow.
Thanks again Shelly.
AlwaysWeeding
My Hallsons Page -- viewtopic.php?t=44071&highlight=alwaysweeding
myskyblue2

Post by myskyblue2 »

:lol: And scrappinmusicmomma said I was to fast!! :lol: :lol:

ImageWow, That is a SWEET trade!! And a awesome daylily to boot! Congratulations :D
AlwaysWeeding

Post by AlwaysWeeding »

Wait til you see the pics. HUGE.
:bd:
AlwaysWeeding
My Hallsons Page -- viewtopic.php?t=44071&highlight=alwaysweeding
LucyGoose

Post by LucyGoose »

Cool!! :cool:
caliloo
USDA Zone: SE PA z6

Post by caliloo »

Excellent! And the fun begins!

Alexa
Spring - An experience in immortality.
- Henry D. Thoreau
chelielynn

Post by chelielynn »

Colette --- Glad you liked everything. When I got your name, I decided a personal delivery would hit the spot. You'll love the American Halo, when I got mine I just about walked away from it. Did I really need that one? Sure of course I do so it's now sitting happily in my garden.

Shelly
allhuskrred

Post by allhuskrred »

HOSTASTIC Ooppps, I meant to say fantastic.

Brian (aka - grdnnkd) sent me 4 wonderful hosta, Christmas in July, :snow: :lol:

They were:

Lakeside Party Dress - Looks like it's going to be a beauty.
Pilgrim - Also going to be a beauty
Ginsu Knife - I wanted this one BBAADD!!! , Almost bought on HL , Whew, Good thing I didn't
Zippity Do Dah - AND THIS ONE IS AWESOME!!,I like the long wavy leaves and I finally added a Z to my list

Thanks alot, Brian, Made my day
Willowy

Post by Willowy »

I received my secred trade and I am so happy. And Scrappinmusicmommy is so cute...yes cute! In addition to sending three wonderful hosta - all new to my hosta list, she wrote almost two pages of informaton about the plants -- everything you would want to know and more. It saved me some research time and was a very sweet touch.

Now the wonderful plants: Invincible - a beautiful glossy plant with great substance. It will be the shiniest hosta in my garden and it's supposed to be a good breeder too (with a little ruffle to the edge of the leaf)!...Tambourine (and did I read in a post that you have a music theme bed?) - a very nice white margined plant with a great name...and... Wylde Green Cream - a great two-tone gold and green edged plant - also with heavy substance. They are all great choices and they are resting up for the "big hosta planting party" at my house this Saturday. And your all welcome to come if you have some plants you want to plant in my garden.

Thank you Scrappinmusicmommy - great choices...I love them all. And...thank you for organizing the Summer Trade!!!
a.k.a. hostabuff
My Hosta List & My Blog
scrappinmusicmommy

Post by scrappinmusicmommy »

Willowy wrote:I received my secred trade and I am so happy. And Scrappinmusicmommy is so cute...yes cute! In addition to sending three wonderful hosta - all new to my hosta list, she wrote almost two pages of informaton about the plants -- everything you would want to know and more. It saved me some research time and was a very sweet touch.

Now the wonderful plants: Invincible - a beautiful glossy plant with great substance. It will be the shiniest hosta in my garden and it's supposed to be a good breeder too (with a little ruffle to the edge of the leaf)!...Tambourine (and did I read in a post that you have a music theme bed?) - a very nice white margined plant with a great name...and... Wylde Green Cream - a great two-tone gold and green edged plant - also with heavy substance. They are all great choices and they are resting up for the "big hosta planting party" at my house this Saturday. And your all welcome to come if you have some plants you want to plant in my garden.

Thank you Scrappinmusicmommy - great choices...I love them all. And...thank you for organizing the Summer Trade!!!
So glad that you liked them. It's alwys fun to give surprises. I love reading the received posts. I really like Tambourine, it's a good grower for me.

I do have a music theme bed......as a music teacher I figured what better way to combine one of my hobbies with my passion of music. (my other hobbie is scrapbooking if you couldn't guess). My students are bringing me lots of music related gifts throughout the year (S&P shakers, ornaments, etc). I wish I could convince them to give me hosta plants tied to music...:wink: .
Judi

Post by Judi »

Isn't it fun to pull up in the driveway and see a red-white-and blue triangle box perched by your door! Well...that's what happened to me...today!

Maid of Shade sent me 4 really nice hostas that I did not have...in fact, I had not even heard of one of them.

She sent Dixie Chick which is a really cute mini...and Curtain Call which is a nice green hosta....and Torchlight. This one I can't believe I don't have. I have looked at it sooo many times, but never brought it home with me. I guess I didn't see the red stems. Very nice. The one I had never heard of is Shimmering Silk. It has a nice color to it.

I am excited to see these in my garden...nice size plants with good roots! :P

Thank you, Cheryl...I really like them all!!

Thanks for putting this together...always fun!

Judi
maidofshade

Post by maidofshade »

You are so welcome Judi :D There is a picture of shimmering silk in the Hosta Library. It was fun to pick out ones that you didn't have. I couldn't make myself cut off the flower scapes so I got a Longer Box :lol: Enjoy!!
Cheryl
newhostaaddict

trade rec. from mjjones

Post by newhostaaddict »

Received my box from Mjjones today...

5 Very NICE divisions from her hostas...

I received:

Cliffords Polar Moon
Lemon Delight
Ruffles
Snowflakes
and Twist of Lime...

all are new to my garden...
mary had my name in another secret trade last year and those are doing very well here....so i am sure these will be just as happy...

thanks again, Mary, all were packaged and shipped beautifully...

jill
chelielynn

Post by chelielynn »

I got mine also...got it on friday but this is the first morning I've been near a computer. Hostaquilts sent me a packed full box. I can't believe she got everything in there that she did.

I got Squash Casserole - pretty hosta.
Leola Fraim
Tall Twister - can't believe I didn't have this one
Baby Kim - such a cute little thing. Got the perfect place for this one.
Lemon Frost
She also sent me an Epimedium, Dwarf Soloman Seals and some European Wild Ginger.

All of these I did not have, Thanks for everything Janice. I've got everything potted up and ready to be planted once it drys out again here.

Shelly
hostanquilts
USDA Zone: 5

Post by hostanquilts »

Hi Shelly,
I'm glad that everything arrived safely. I did have that box stuffed full. Sure glad you didn't have any of them... I really search thru my hosta beds trying to find plants that I thought you might not have. I went to your journal to see what you did have, even though it hadn't been updated for a year or so when I printed it off. I had 2 hosta that was on your wish list, but they aren't big enough to divide yet. They were Cascades & can't remember the other.

Hope they grow well for you.
Jan

"Friends are angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble
remembering how to fly."

My Hosta List
FreakyCola

Post by FreakyCola »

I haven't gotten near the computer since my son got a new girlfriend & they have a set time they talk to each other which is exactly when I want to get on line. So I didn't see you guys had started another trade till it was over. I was really bummed that I missed it.

I came home yesterday & there on my bed was a hosta trade box! :D :D :D I was so overjoyed! I thought those Hallson people are so cool, they knew I missed the trade & someone went ahead & sent me something!

Then I picked it up. :oops: It was the empty box I'd gotten from the last trade that I had put on the bed before I left that morning to use it for something & I have such a short memory I forgot all about it!

Well, you guys still rock! But I thought you'd get a kick out of my "blonde moment."
Spider
USDA Zone: 9A

Post by Spider »

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Spider's Hosta List There are photos there too :)

"I gotta have more cowbell!" SNL

"If your gecko is broken you have a reptile dysfunction."

"If you don't talk to your cat about catnip...who will?"
steg

Post by steg »

I was up in Michigan over the weekend (Saugatuck). We stopped at Hallsons on the way back to Columbus.

Found a little something (OK....maybe not a little one :D ) for the swap. I sure hope they like it. My goal is to get it in the mail today with a few other surprises.

A wish list sure is helpful...they'll be able to check one off.
mjjones453

Post by mjjones453 »

Jill, I am glad that you got them, and that you didn't have any of them! I like the challenge of finding hosta's that others don't have! Isn't it fun? I am glad the others from last year have made it for you! Mary
ZZTOPSOIL
Location: Oregon(O.S.U.~Go Beavers!)...In the Beautiful Willamette Valley!

Thank You So Much Lori!

Post by ZZTOPSOIL »

Oh Boy...I Received My Secret Trade Monday!

Always a Wonderful Feeling Finding a Surprise Box at the Door!
A BIG "THANK YOU" to Lori('Hostasandpapillons') for this Wonderful Box!
:D

Lori Sent Me 'Beautiful' Divisions of:
(and again...These are All New to My Garden and...
Some are Totally New to Me :) )

I Received....
Antioch.
Corn Belt.
Golden Gate.
Hacksaw.
Mountain Fog.
Olive Branch.

Thank You for Replacing My Corn Belt :^)

WOW!...These are Just Beautiful!..."Thank You".
Everything Arrived in Great Condition.
I Am Soooo Excited and Greatful to You Lori for Your Kind Generosity!
You were so Thoughtful!
I am so Truly Appreciative!

Lelan.

and..."Thanks 'Aundrea'" for Taking the Time to Organize this Secret Trade.
And Again to the Boys in Michigan for Supplying Us with Such a Wonderful Place to Come Together...and Share :D !
Last edited by ZZTOPSOIL on Jun 18, 2011 7:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
hostasandpapillons

Post by hostasandpapillons »

Lelan,
I'm so glad everything arrived in good condition - transit time was a week!! I tried to make sure they were well watered when they went out, so I was hoping they would be fine.
Glad you're excited - I know it's always fun to open that box and see what's inside!! :P :P
New Topic Post Reply