Hallson Toy Soldier

Talk about hostas, hostas, and more hostas! Companion plant topics should be posted in the Shade Garden forum.

Moderators: ViolaAnn, redcrx, Chris_W

New Topic Post Reply
jobranch
USDA Zone: 7B

Hallson Toy Soldier

Post by jobranch »

Purchased this Toy Soldier from Hallson about a month ago. The white line that divides the margin color from the middle of the leaf is becoming more distinct (second photo). Pretty cool hosta. I can't get close-ups very well with this camera. See all the leaves and pine straw around the hosta? I did this so my wife couldn't tell it was a newly planted hosta.

woodthrush

Post by woodthrush »

Nice! I'm going to have to check on mine today and see if the white is developing.
Pam
planwerk

Post by planwerk »

It develops the colour around beginning of July. Depending on how warm it is in spring and early summer. The warmer the better. I like it too!
Seebruck, Chiemsee, Germany
Zone 6b (526 m above sealevel, 1,5 m above lakelevel ;-) )

"Ein Leben ohne Hosta ist ein Irrtum"
frei nach Karl Foerster
LucyGoose

Post by LucyGoose »

I love my TS.....Just so you know......it can take full sun, too..... :lol: ....It might not have the best colors, but it does not burn.....Let me go take a picture.......I will post it as soon as I can..... :P
eastwood2007

Re: Hallson Toy Soldier

Post by eastwood2007 »

jobranch wrote: See all the leaves and pine straw around the hosta? I did this so my wife couldn't tell it was a newly planted hosta.
:wink:

Nice hosta and nice plan of disguise....although, I, personally, have never done anything like that... :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol: (Only because I hadn't thought of it yet!) :lol: :lol: :lol:
Charla
Latitude 38.57N; Longitude -94.89W (Elev. 886 ft.)
New Topic Post Reply