Summer Trade

Talk about hostas, hostas, and more hostas! Companion plant topics should be posted in the Shade Garden forum.

Moderators: ViolaAnn, redcrx, Chris_W

New Topic Post Reply
scrappinmusicmommy

Summer Trade

Post by scrappinmusicmommy »

I'd like to thank everyone for letting me host the summer trade. I really enjoyed getting to know all of you. If you have not received your trade, please let me know.

Enjoy your new plants.

Happy Gardening,
Aundrea
Last edited by scrappinmusicmommy on Aug 06, 2008 12:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
vawildflower

Re: Summer Trade

Post by vawildflower »

Thanks again!! It was another great trade......and now I CANT wait for a fall trade..lol

wild
myskyblue2

Post by myskyblue2 »

Three cheers for ScrappinMusicMommy for doing such a great job with the Summer Secret Trade :beer: :beer: :beer:
hostanquilts
USDA Zone: 5

Post by hostanquilts »

You did a great job Aundrea, another great trade that seemed to go fairly smooth. Thanks for all your hard work.
Jan

"Friends are angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble
remembering how to fly."

My Hosta List
Nathalie23

Post by Nathalie23 »

Thank you Aundrea for hosting the summer trade! :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: It's always fun to have new hostas! :bd:
Nathalie

I usually speak french so sorry for my mistakes in english
Nathalie23 Hosta List
Astilbeblu

Post by Astilbeblu »

Alas, I never recieved my trade. :( I also have not heard from my tradeee. I hope all is well with them. :(
Dorothy
scrappinmusicmommy

Post by scrappinmusicmommy »

Dorothy-

So sorry, but don't worry I will get you some plants! I have sent you a private message.

Anyone know the standard protocol when someone doesn't follow through on the secret trade? Do I alert the future trade 'hosts" that person XXXX did not follow through? I have tried conctating the other party a number of times, but have received no responses.

TIA

Aundrea
Nathalie23

Post by Nathalie23 »

It's very sad when a person don't do what he/she signed up to.... It happen one time for me when I was hosting last year. This person never answer to my PM. Further more, I was the trader of this person and she never said thank you.... :oops: For me, it was a canadian but I know that it happens too in USA :-? Don't know if we should have a black list... because someone can sign up with another name...
Last edited by Nathalie23 on Aug 07, 2008 12:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nathalie

I usually speak french so sorry for my mistakes in english
Nathalie23 Hosta List
hostanquilts

Post by hostanquilts »

It happened to me on another forum & I was hosting the trade. The person got a confirmation number from the internet, but never took the pkg to the post office. Then a couple years later, I received a pkg from that person & he/she appologized & said he/she didn't have hosta to send & sent me a nice pkg of them. I have seen that person in other trades & in this one & he/she has sent nice pkgs, so sometimes things happen. I think because I had so many hosta that, that person didn't have any that I didn't have & felt that he/she couldn't send any... since then, I've tried to post that it's ok to send duplicates if that is all they have. Don't want anyone to have to go buy hosta to send to me if they don't have any that I don't have. I can always find a home for a hosta. I have 2 acres of mostly timber. 1 acre is mostly natural timber but I'm starting to infringe on it. :)
Just thought I'd share my story.... hopefully, whoever it is will contact someone & follow through.
Jan

"Friends are angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble
remembering how to fly."

My Hosta List
New Topic Post Reply