Slugs are out!

Talk about hostas, hostas, and more hostas! Companion plant topics should be posted in the Shade Garden forum.

Moderators: ViolaAnn, redcrx, Chris_W

New Topic Post Reply
R. Rock
USDA Zone: 3-4

Slugs are out!

Post by R. Rock »

Hi,
I was cleaning up the garden and came across a slug already. I was shocked :eek: :eek: :eek: The garden shows very little life. The ground temp can't be much over freezing here. When I have heard the term "apply your bait early" I really did not think; this early. I used to wait until after the "spring" rains. I will be applying earlier from now on.

The one I found was happy living in my Brunneria Looking Glass. He seemed to be active and out of hibernation? :-?
Be part of the solution
Mary Ann

Re: Slugs are out!

Post by Mary Ann »

Just one? I find 3 or 4 under every clump of leaves I turn over. They're just lovin' my compost and mulch. :(
My Hosta List

The Best Things in Life Aren't Things
Justaysam

Post by Justaysam »

I put out the blue stuff on Tue. How long is that stuff good? It is double bagged and sealed tight. Hope it still works.
kHT
USDA Zone: 7-8 Z-nial

Post by kHT »

Those area WA State critters and just a fact of life here. Only dip them half way in chocolate so they will slid down. :lol:
Plus don't chase them with :beer: or your will get a stomach ache.
karma 'Happy Toes' (kHT)
The Goddess is Alive and Magic is Afoot!!!!
I'm just a simple housewife.
Mary Ann

Post by Mary Ann »

Has anyone used wood ashes to deter slugs? I collected some Saturday from my son's house and plan to sprinkle them around the crowns.

Yet I don't like the way DH chuckled when I told him my ashes were in the trunk of his car. :o
My Hosta List

The Best Things in Life Aren't Things
New Topic Post Reply