Ever Wonder What the Neighbors Think?

Talk about hostas, hostas, and more hostas! Companion plant topics should be posted in the Shade Garden forum.

Moderators: ViolaAnn, redcrx, Chris_W

New Topic Post Reply
newB

Ever Wonder What the Neighbors Think?

Post by newB »

I went out today to get the mail and could not resist checking the progress of On Stage, which I am happy to report has another eye showing!

While I was out, I just could not stop myself from snapping a few pictures, it started to rain a little but I was focused on the Hosta and getting a good picture, when I noticed June starting to unfurl, It is so bright and pretty I could not resist doing a little happy dance. (Which involves arm waving, heinie shaking and a little song :blush:

When I finished my happy dance I happened to notice my neighbor watching me, Of course he is a good looking, single young man, I wanted to die! :eek: The look on his face said it all, no words necessary.... I am nuts!

Ever wonder what your neighbors think?
Who needs shoes when you can have another Hosta???
steg
USDA Zone: 5

Re: Ever Wonder What the Neighbors Think?

Post by steg »

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I already know they think we're nuts - no problem.
To the world you may be one, but to one you may be the world.

My List: viewtopic.php?f=62&t=48366&p=425413#p425413
newtohosta-no more

Post by newtohosta-no more »

Same here! :lol: They've seen me out like that for years , so are used to me with camera in hand, rain or shine taking picks of plants in various stages of growth. It's all worth it! :D
~JOAN~
My Hosta List

Tomorrow is promised to no one, so love and laugh today.
jgh

Post by jgh »

usually we ask for pics... but I think this calls for video... please give us your YouTube link... :wink:
nanny_56
USDA Zone: 5b
Location: Putnam County, Indiana Lat. 39* 45' 54.2892" Long. -86* 41' 55.9284''

Post by nanny_56 »

I proudly accept that I am the neighborhood nutty bird and plant lady! :D
Claudia
"When one tugs at a single thing in nature, he finds it attached to the rest" - John Muir
pauhaus

Post by pauhaus »

Yep, me too! I'm always out there poking around and I already know what they think...that he's a little obsessive with his plants. :lol:
Paul
My Hosta List

“With fronds like you, who needs anemones.”
tsl

Post by tsl »

We had friends over for dinner tonight, but before I would let them eat, we took a stroll to see my new hosta-Fire Island- I think they thought okay it's nice now lets eat! I am so happy with it, I want to show it off!!
newB

Post by newB »

:lol: :lol: well I guess I am normal here, if I could just get one of you to explain that to my neighbor....

As for You Tube... let me just say that my dancing and singing abilities leave much to be desired :-?

When I told my other neighbor about it she mentioned that they have had discussions about my strange habits, including one not long ago about my knife garden.....

We are in the process of moving and I was not sure how soon I would be moving the Hosta, worring that I would miss or damage an emerging Hosta I marked all the eyes as they became visable with white plastic knives. It really was quite a sight, even my husband was wondering if I had truly lost it. All you could see for awhile was like a hundred plastic knives.

Yeah..... If I am ever blessed to name a Hosta it is going to be "Crazy Lady" which is my husbands pet name for me, and I am sure that's what the neighbors call me!
R. Rock
USDA Zone: 3-4

Post by R. Rock »

I love it! :lol: :bawl: :lol:
Be part of the solution
newB

Post by newB »

I am so glad you all are amused! I gotta look that guy in the eye the next time I see him :blush:

You don't understand! He is a handsome young business man, I always see him in the morning wearing a suit, when I am dressed for work and look professional. Today I am off work, I snuck out in my Victoria Secret sweat pants that have PINK written in big letters on the behind, and my "Save The Tata's" T-shirt, to complete this wonderfully comfortable outfit I must mention the fuzzy pink slippers I had on! This is my lounging around the house clothes, jammies! Not to be seen by public eyes! I am truly mortified :eek: NO ONE was suppose to see me!!!!

At least I am moving.... Oh No! that means I will have new neighbors that will catch me doing all my crazy Hosta things :lol:

Please tell me that your neighbor has seen you acting silly, with your hair in curlers or something.....I can't be the only one!
newtohosta-no more

Post by newtohosta-no more »

Hey....maybe your handsome neighbor found your attire to be a turn on? :lol:
~JOAN~
My Hosta List

Tomorrow is promised to no one, so love and laugh today.
nanny_56
Location: Putnam County, Indiana Lat. 39* 45' 54.2892" Long. -86* 41' 55.9284''

Post by nanny_56 »

I put all my birdfeeders out every morning in my jammies. AND last summer when I was raising butterfly caterpillars I was out every morning walking along the roadside getting wild Queen Ann's Lace for them in my jammies. I am growing dill & parsely this year to not have to do that.....maybe. :roll: :lol:
Claudia
"When one tugs at a single thing in nature, he finds it attached to the rest" - John Muir
Linda P

Post by Linda P »

:lol: :lol: :lol: Great story! You just have to be wondering what that neighbor was thinking...maybe next time you see him you can explain that you have started a new excersize program, dancing for fitness....
I have been known to do the happy hosta dance in my yard, but I'm lucky....no neighbors!! Well, at least not any that can see me without getting out a pair of binoculars. On the other hand, I live on a farm, and various seed corn salesmen and ag delivery guys have caught me in the yard in strange attire, admiring my hostas. :roll:
Linda P
And time remembered is grief forgotten,
And frosts are slain and flowers begotten.....
Algernon Charles Swinburne

Latitude: 41° 51' 12.1572"

My Hosta List
newB

Post by newB »

:lol: :lol: :lol: Oh well, I can laugh today! Thats all that matters.

I live in a small neighborhood, the houses are pretty close, the exersize program excuse may work but I am sure that he heard the "I have Hosta, I can see them growing, you wish you had my Hosta" song, and that may be a little harder to explain! :blush:

I do have to say if I saw my neighbor in her jammies walking along the road evey morning, I would think, perhaps she had escaped and her family must be looking for her :D Just kidding! Why did you raise buterflys?
ViolaAnn
USDA Zone: 5a

Post by ViolaAnn »

tsl - I'd show off my Fire Island too. And my neighbours know I'm nuts. First it's the "kneel and feel" and then the photos. I already have taken my first round of pictures this spring and most are nothing more than pips showing. Before I took them, I was making the rounds with a list in hand, checking off the varieties that had shown up. (Most now).

Ann
Ann
Pictures of Ann's Hostas:
http://violaann.smugmug.com/Garden/Host ... 361_qL3gHS (SmugMug gallery now updated for 2016)
FreakyCola

Post by FreakyCola »

NewB,

My neighbors all know I'm nuts. I talk to my hostas and am particularly fond of Komodo Dragon. It's so beautiful that every time I walk by it I have to YELL KOMODO!!! in a japanese accent and sometimes I bow to it. No matter how many times I walk by it I just can't help doing that!

I also love my Twinkles hosta. For some reason, I have to say TWEENK-els in this kinda sing-song voice whenever I walk past it.

And let's not talk about my conversations with the birds. I always tell the birds to sing to me & they do! And I'm always trying to get the cat birds to say "Ellen". I swear they say my other neighbors names, Mary, Eric & Waack, so why won't they say mine? Ok I don't really have a neighbor named Eric.

Anyway, who cares what they think? Our hostas know the truth!
Ellen
rosemarie

Post by rosemarie »

Well, I haven't had a chance to talk to my hosta yet but I am going to try and see if it works. A couple of my kids were here for 10 days and I needed that , so now I willl have time to talk to my hosta. Unless it starts raining again. jeeze!!
Lovin' the great northwest!
newB

Post by newB »

:lol: :lol: :lol: Thats great! I would love to see you bowing to your Host!

Thanks! It is good to know that I am not alone and that there are other nuts like me out there :lol: :lol: :lol:
New Topic Post Reply