Revolution and Pathfinder

Talk about hostas, hostas, and more hostas! Companion plant topics should be posted in the Shade Garden forum.

Moderators: ViolaAnn, redcrx, Chris_W

New Topic Post Reply
redcrx
USDA Zone: 7

Revolution and Pathfinder

Post by redcrx »

Is there a difference? Does anyone have both in their garden to see a difference?

I am trying to ID a plant that popped the same time as Pathfinder but photos from last year show green specks in the the white center so I thought it might be Revolution.
Ed McHugh, Sicklerville NJ
ImageMockingbird feeding juvenile yellow raisons - never leave home without them.
renaldo75

Re: Revolution and Pathfinder

Post by renaldo75 »

If memory serves me [and I'm getting old-er so it may not] - they are both similar sports from the same family tree - just different branches. Revolution is a sport of Loyalist I'm pretty sure without looking. Not sure what Pathfinder sported from, but I'm sure someone can tell you...
GO HAWKEYES!!!

Renaldo's Hosta List
Latitude: 40° 59' 17.6676"; Longitude: -94° 44' 28.014"
Linda P

Post by Linda P »

Pathfinder is listed as a tetraploid sport of Francee, so definitely in the same family. The margins are wider on it than on Revolution, and in my garden, the ''grass clippings' are much more prominent on Revolution. If my memory serves me correctly (and it doesn't always!!!) it seems that the green spots are pretty faint as it's unfurling, and show up darker a little later on.
Linda P
And time remembered is grief forgotten,
And frosts are slain and flowers begotten.....
Algernon Charles Swinburne

Latitude: 41° 51' 12.1572"

My Hosta List
mooie

Post by mooie »

My Revolution and Pathfinder are quite different at least in size. Pathfinder is the more vigorous of the two and has hands down beaten Revolution in not only size but seed production. I don't think the Pathfinder is quite as speckled tho as the Revolution. Heres a pic of my Pathfinder from '07.

mooie
Attachments
Pathfinder07.jpg
~Imagine~
redcrx
USDA Zone: 7

Post by redcrx »

Nice plant. Thanks for the look at it. I have a couple small ones and a small Revoltion. I had the feeling Pathfinder gets bigger. I'll have to wait and see what the speckles look like on my unnamed one.
Ed McHugh, Sicklerville NJ
ImageMockingbird feeding juvenile yellow raisons - never leave home without them.
New Topic Post Reply