Tennessee convention

Talk about hostas, hostas, and more hostas! Companion plant topics should be posted in the Shade Garden forum.

Moderators: ViolaAnn, redcrx, Chris_W

New Topic Post Reply
redcrx
USDA Zone: 7

Tennessee convention

Post by redcrx »

Just checked the rates at the Marriott. Convention rate is $149. But the AAA rate is $135. And the 7 day rate is $120.

I would have thought the convention rate would have been better. Am I missing something?
Ed McHugh, Sicklerville NJ
ImageMockingbird feeding juvenile yellow raisons - never leave home without them.
Chris_W
Administrator
USDA Zone: 9

Re: Tennessee convention

Post by Chris_W »

Hi Ed,

That is often the case, where a convention rate isn't always the best price. I've seen it for hosta college and other events I've attended, that if you shop around you can often find better deals than that. Same with other things like car rentals. You may get a discount, but not always the absolute best price.
redcrx

Post by redcrx »

Thanks Chris, I guess I just have this naive notion that the "special" rate should be better to try to get more folks to go.
ImageMockingbird feeding juvenile yellow raisons - never leave home without them.
Tigger
USDA Zone: 6b - 7a

Post by Tigger »

You may always do better with AAA rate, but other low rates may sell out before the $149 rate does. At least it's guaranteed not to go higher!

Not really looking forward to staying in a hotel next to the airport... I might feel a bit trapped with all those hosta folk (and Stephen even moreso).
putnamgardens

Post by putnamgardens »

Last year in Boston, the convention hotel rate was $30 a night higher than the rate my frequent flyer hubby gets on his "corporate" membership honors. This year we are one mile away at the Super 8 with the first two nights, $102-. The next 4 will be $69-. It comes with breakfast. We don't spend allot of time at our hotel but to sleep, shower, dine and dash. We move in on Monday and leave on Sunday. Graceland in Memphis on Monday. Tues the 7p show at the Grand Ol Opry, Wed we get on separate busses to do gardens and historic tours. Thurs is the judging of the leaf show. Got your hat ready? Later, Love, Lisa
Attachments
Robb McWms tribute.jpg
Have I mentioned lately that my drinking team has a hosta problem?
redcrx

Post by redcrx »

We are staying at the hotel - come in on Sunday. Now I'm looking at caverns to see in the area - I have about 8 mapped out. We are also coming in from visiting relatives in North Carolina - hope to see Biltmore on the way.
plantbug

Post by plantbug »

Do you have a link to the Tennessee convention information? :?:
Linda P

Post by Linda P »

Here's the link:

http://www.hosta2012.com/
And time remembered is grief forgotten,
And frosts are slain and flowers begotten.....
Algernon Charles Swinburne

Latitude: 41° 51' 12.1572"

My Hosta List
New Topic Post Reply