Does my Guardian Angel have HVX?

Talk about hostas, hostas, and more hostas! Companion plant topics should be posted in the Shade Garden forum.

Moderators: ViolaAnn, redcrx, Chris_W

New Topic Post Reply
irawon
USDA Zone: 5b

Does my Guardian Angel have HVX?

Post by irawon »

I bought my GA in 2011 from what I considered a reputable nursery, not one of the big box stores. I saw HVX at this nursery in 2012. I just recently found out that an Ani Machi I bought in 2011 has HVX... not bought from this nursery. I've noticed this change in GA in some pictures posted on GardenWeb by some of the members and hope that the changes that I see in my GA are normal. What do you think?
Attachments
P6300074.jpg
irawon

Re: Does my Guardian Angel have HVX?

Post by irawon »

Here's a close-up of a leaf.
Attachments
P6300075.jpg
Chris_W
Administrator
USDA Zone: 9

Post by Chris_W »

Hi,

I don't see anything that jumps out at me. The closeup leaf looks like maybe it took some frost damage if that was from the first set of leaves, but I can't really see anything else that might be HVX. Maybe I'm not looking close enough.
irawon

Post by irawon »

Thanks so much, Chris. I really appreciate your reply. Some of my hostas did get frost damaged. I was worried that I had contaminated GA because I bought both AM and GA in the same year. I'll just get rid of AM for now then. Thanks again and good luck with your plantings.
New Topic Post Reply