who has come over from the old GW?

Talk about hostas, hostas, and more hostas! Companion plant topics should be posted in the Shade Garden forum.

Moderators: ViolaAnn, redcrx, Chris_W

almosthooked
USDA Zone: 4-5

Re: who has come over from the old GW?

Post by almosthooked »

I found you all and it is like old home week seeing everyone's names we recognize from the old hosta forum . I was really missing all the interesting family that shares the love of our hosta addictions. Just so I can see if this lets me download picture or if I can figure it out will try now. Happy to hear about this site some knew all this time :beer: :beer:
Attachments
group gardens 2014 lastest 052.JPG
almosthooked

Post by almosthooked »

group gardens 2014 004 (5).JPG
missed my hosta friends and from the old GW too
Pieter

Post by Pieter »

Faye, it's nice see both you and Myrle here, welcome!
Pieter

"Never trust anyone who doesn't have dog hair on their clothes."

Pieter's Hosta List
funnthsun
USDA Zone: 7A - VA

Post by funnthsun »

Looks like I'm coming over, too, seeing that I can't seem to post a Flicker image at all on Houzz. Easy transition here, anyway, since there's so many familiar faces, so to speak. Looking forward to being here!
Chris_W
Administrator
USDA Zone: 9

Post by Chris_W »

Welcome Funn! Let me know if you have any questions about anything here, and we look forward to chatting with you :)
almosthooked

Post by almosthooked »

Chris_W wrote:Welcome Funn! Let me know if you have any questions about anything here, and we look forward to chatting with you :)
Hoping we don't overwhelm you Chris when all the hosta start popping out of the ground and we are so excited with the new season and pictures coming out of our ears of our gardens. Loving spring in British Columbia
Chris_W
Administrator

Post by Chris_W »

Not to worry :) Back in the days before Facebook this forum was really busy and our resources kept up just fine with the traffic. I might need some help greeting new members though, since I'll be busy digging hostas come springtime.

As I look out on 2 feet of snow I get excited just thinking about getting my hands in the dirt again!

Enjoy your spring there in BC!
DelawareDonna
USDA Zone: 7A

Post by DelawareDonna »

Hi Ken - I'm here. It's nice to see familiar faces. Learning how to navigate the forum. Not sure how to insert a smiley. It's sleeting in DE today. Really nasty weather. Where do you insert an avatar?

DD
Attachments
IMG_1752.JPG
He who plants a garden plants happiness
redcrx
USDA Zone: 7

Post by redcrx »

Look at the top of the page - just under "Board Index" you will see "User Control Panel". Pick that and then pick "Profile" and have fun.

I'm in southern New Jersey and today it started out snowing, then sleet with freezing rain that left a half inch of ice frosting on every thing and now it's raining as the temperature edges up. I've been cleaning out the garage all weekend - we are going to paint it tomorrow. I had to move all my "tropicals" that winter in the garage into the basement.
Ed McHugh, Sicklerville NJ
ImageMockingbird feeding juvenile yellow raisons - never leave home without them.
DelawareDonna
USDA Zone: 7A

Post by DelawareDonna »

Hi Ken - I found my way over here. Nice to see fellow garden forum members here. I agree that the photo quality is much better, but the type is hard on these old eyes.

DD
He who plants a garden plants happiness
Tigger
USDA Zone: 6b - 7a

Post by Tigger »

Donna,

Look at the top of each post in the yellow "thread" bar, to find a button "^A v" (in purple and white) which increases the display font size incrementally. I think they go Small Medium Large (-ish).

If you want to increase the size in your own posts (as jgh does), it's a dropdown choice for "tiny, small, normal, large." Just select the text of your post/reply and pick from the drop-down.

David
tsbccowboy
Location: Apple Valley, Minnesota 44°43'39.50"N 93°14'52.40"W

Post by tsbccowboy »

Thanks Tigger, This works!

Chris_W
Administrator

Post by Chris_W »

Donna, What about the text is hard on your eyes? Is it the size or the colors? I can try to set up a special theme that increases the size or possibly change the colors. Right now there are two themes you can choose from in the user control panel - the blue one and the green one. The blue one is the default if you recently signed up but the green one is also available.

UPDATE: If it is a font size issue, I just created a new style that will increase all of the fonts for the blue style called prosilver. The new style is called prosilverLRG. To select this go to your User Control Panel, click on the Board Preferences tab, then where is says My Board Style select prosilverLRG. After you submit it and it returns you to the index page all of your fonts will be larger. If they "blink" and change sizes on you, that just means that the custom font button is currently selected, so click on that to "unselect" it (that is the A with the arrows) until the font size stays one size for you on all pages.

If everyone likes this new font size please let me know and I can make it the default or change it for the other themes too.

Here is the link to your user control panel to set your board preference: ucp.php?i=165
newhostalady
USDA Zone: 6

Post by newhostalady »

Hi everyone. Nice to see familiar names. Pictures on this forum are looking great. Here's one of my photos. If you recall, I love hosta leaf drop photos and closeups. That's my favorite!

Chris, I like the layout of the forum. For the font size, I prefer the prosilverLrg. I'll be posting here more often.
Attachments
Here's ADG!
Here's ADG!
tsbccowboy
Location: Apple Valley, Minnesota 44°43'39.50"N 93°14'52.40"W

Post by tsbccowboy »

Welcome NewHostaLady!

It is really nice to be able to see enlarged photos here. Your ADG leaf looks cool with the water drops!

Cowboy
Sunnywood
USDA Zone: 5a

Post by Sunnywood »

image.jpg
I was just on the old GW ie houzz and It looks like it has gone to sleep! I decided to see what this forum is about. Nice to find a bunch of old friends! I need a HOSTA transfusion. This is a pic from last June.
Chris_W
Administrator

Post by Chris_W »

Welcome Sunnywood!
tsugajunkie
USDA Zone: z5 SE WI

Post by tsugajunkie »

Finally decided to check it out. Looks good so far.
tj
tj

He that ruleth over men must be just, ruling in the fear of God. ---King David
Chris_W
Administrator

Post by Chris_W »

Welcome tsugajunkie! Let me know if you have any questions about the forum or need help with anything.

Have fun here :)

Chris
tsugajunkie
USDA Zone: z5 SE WI

Post by tsugajunkie »

Thanks Chris. I was hoping my avatar didn't keep me off a Michigan based site. ;-)

Lets try a pic...

Sweet.

I like the feature of reverse posts on the bottom as you reply.

Now about those icons before various posts...circle with text, text scrolling, some have a star...FAQ didn't seem to cover that.

tj
tj

He that ruleth over men must be just, ruling in the fear of God. ---King David
New Topic Post Reply