Staring into mouse eyes.

Talk about hostas, hostas, and more hostas! Companion plant topics should be posted in the Shade Garden forum.

Moderators: ViolaAnn, redcrx, Chris_W

New Topic Post Reply
Diana
USDA Zone: 9

Staring into mouse eyes.

Post by Diana »

Getting close to my hostas these days, counting eyes (pips, shoots). This one, Flamenco Mouse, brought a smile with its dainty little ruffles in the early stage.

-Diana (Babka)
IMG_4811.JPG
IMG_4812.JPG
bkay2000
USDA Zone: 8a

Re: Staring into mouse eyes.

Post by bkay2000 »

I had this little pot that every critter around seems to have mauled and I couldn't figure out what it was. (The squirrels and Cleo like the plant sticks.) I had moved it out of the squirrel's path after it was upended and it got upended again. It had a Sun Power stick in it, but it had a bunch of these fat little eyes, and Sun Power should be two small eyes, at best. It started to unfurl and it turned out to be Blue Mouse Ears. I really like that one.

It's one of the ones Cleo mangled in her first year here. I have pieces of it in the Blue Cadet pot, too. (I couldn't tell what was what after her rampage, so stuck similar looking stuff in the same pots.) I may look into Flamenco Mouse. It's one that I think is really cute. Blue Mouse Ears seems to grow well for me, so Flamenco could be an excellent choice.

Show it to us when it finishes unfurling, please.

bk
Zkathy
USDA Zone: 7a

Post by Zkathy »

That is a very sweet view of the unfurling Flamenco Mouse. And I love the title of your post, too, bravo!

You can post that pic of Flameco Mouse on Hallson's website. It's Chris' introduction and I'm sure he'd love to have it.

Kathy
If you want to understand an entitlement mentality get a cat.
Chris_W
Administrator

Post by Chris_W »

Thanks for sharing. It looks like it will have some really nice ruffles this year :)
Zkathy
USDA Zone: 7a

Post by Zkathy »

Flamenco Mouse
Flamenco Mouse
All it needs is a rose between its teeth.
Kathy
If you want to understand an entitlement mentality get a cat.
Chris_W
Administrator

Post by Chris_W »

A very tiny rose :D
New Topic Post Reply