Hosta of the Day - Strip Poker

Talk about hostas, hostas, and more hostas! Companion plant topics should be posted in the Shade Garden forum.

Moderators: ViolaAnn, redcrx, Chris_W

New Topic Post Reply
redcrx
USDA Zone: 7

Hosta of the Day - Strip Poker

Post by redcrx »

I didn't realized this hosta wasn't here. It's being offered on First Look and I wanted to see if I still had one. I do and then I went here to see what was posted. Couldn't find it so here's my "Strip Poker".

Strip Poker is a sport of Striptease. A very pretty plant with bright leaves in the Spring that change colors through the season.

Hosta Registry - http://www.hostaregistrar.org/detail.ph ... ip%20Poker
MyHostas - http://www.myhostas.be/db/hostas/Strip+Poker
Hosta Library - http://www.hostalibrary.org/s/strippoker.html

I have had it since 2010. It's a small plant that I moved into a pot during the 2014 season - trying to get it to grow better and keep it away from the voles. It needs more light than what it was getting.

Here is Strip Poker early last season. That's "Golden Garters" on the left (one of my Striptease sports) and Kiwi Dotterel on the right and above another Striptease sport.
Strip Poker - May 5, 2015
Strip Poker - May 5, 2015
Here it is back in 2012 while in the ground. Strip Poker is on the right - that's Kiwi Dotterel on the left (a "similar" Striptease sport). I found a few photos to show the color change. Kiwi Full Monty is at the bottom in all of these photos.

May 4
Kiwi Dotterel (left) and Strip Poker (right)
Kiwi Dotterel (left)   and   Strip Poker (right) - May 4, 2012
Kiwi Dotterel (left) and Strip Poker (right) - May 4, 2012
and a few days later
Kiwi Dotterel (left)   and   Strip Poker (right) - May 8, 2012
Kiwi Dotterel (left) and Strip Poker (right) - May 8, 2012
and a month later
Kiwi Dotterel (left)   and   Strip Poker (right) - June 23, 2012
Kiwi Dotterel (left) and Strip Poker (right) - June 23, 2012
Ed McHugh, Sicklerville NJ
ImageMockingbird feeding juvenile yellow raisons - never leave home without them.
redcrx
USDA Zone: 7

Re: Hosta of the Day - Strip Poker

Post by redcrx »

Strip Poker - today - still in a pot but at some point it will be going into the ground.
Strip Poker - May 12, 2018
Strip Poker - May 12, 2018
I'm still clearing winter weeds - the chickweed never stops.
The Strip Poker is bottom right with Cabaret to its left. Hanky Panky dominates the center with Yellow Polka Dot Bikini at the top. The small plant to the right of Hanky Panky is Juha and to the left of HP is Naked Lady (and it seems to be surviving)
Striptease sport grouping - May 12, 2018
Striptease sport grouping - May 12, 2018
Ed McHugh, Sicklerville NJ
ImageMockingbird feeding juvenile yellow raisons - never leave home without them.
New Topic Post Reply