Was out in the garden this morning

Talk about hostas, hostas, and more hostas! Companion plant topics should be posted in the Shade Garden forum.

Moderators: ViolaAnn, redcrx, Chris_W

New Topic Post Reply
redcrx
USDA Zone: 7

Was out in the garden this morning

Post by redcrx »

looking for a couple of leaves to take to First Look this weekend. The two I had in mind looked crummy - so they are out. I know a couple of plants I'm bringing and another one was looking good this morning so I will have a few.

For some reason I got to looking for a Striptease white centered sport called Can Can - not to take to FL but just looking for it.

The first similar pot I picked up said "Striptease variant" - that's not it. (I have probably show this pot before.) This is looking like My Passion these days.
Striptease sport - June 21, 2016
With a weird dark patch.
The next pot I grabbed turned out to be My Passion. ( I have a couple of small pots of this as my big plants got destroyed by things a few years ago.)
My Passion - June 21, 2016
And it also has some odd dark markings.
I'm saying the "dark" markings are odd because normally the third color is a shade of chartreuse. You can see a little chartreuse in the photo.

Finally found the pot of Can Can I was looking for. The white center is clearer than the ones above and it has twisty leaves.
CVG Can Can - June 21, 2016
CVG Can Can - June 21, 2016
Ed McHugh, Sicklerville NJ
ImageMockingbird feeding juvenile yellow raisons - never leave home without them.
New Topic Post Reply