New forums - let me know if you find any issues

Talk about hostas, hostas, and more hostas! Companion plant topics should be posted in the Shade Garden forum.

Moderators: ViolaAnn, redcrx, Chris_W

New Topic Post Reply
Chris_W
Administrator
USDA Zone: 9

New forums - let me know if you find any issues

Post by Chris_W »

Hi everyone,

Starting today the forums have been updated to a new version and while I still need to make a few minor changes I think most everything is working the same. It looks like all the images made it here safely.

If you see problems, or encounter anything odd, please let me know.

See you around!

Chris
redcrx
USDA Zone: 7

Re: New forums - let me know if you find any issues

Post by redcrx »

Thanks Chris.
Ed McHugh, Sicklerville NJ
ImageMockingbird feeding juvenile yellow raisons - never leave home without them.
Pieter

Post by Pieter »

Chris, the only issue I've found is that I can no longer access my Hosta List linked in my signature....
Pieter

"Never trust anyone who doesn't have dog hair on their clothes."

Pieter's Hosta List
Chris_W
Administrator

Post by Chris_W »

Pieter wrote: Oct 21, 2020 8:16 pm Chris, the only issue I've found is that I can no longer access my Hosta List linked in my signature....
Hi. That's because it still links to the old website. I'll edit it for you :) DONE!
Chris_W
Administrator

Post by Chris_W »

I will search the database to see if there are any other direct links to the old website. So far this looks good and I love that I can attach images directly from my phone photos and camera. The host I was using went out of business a the end of September and I was given only a few days to find a new host, move the forums, and get the upgrade done. All while I am in Ireland on my old laptop since my computer is in a shipping container in the Dublin port at the moment. I'm so glad I was still able to do a little programming and move the files around from here. The internet connection is spotty out in the country and I kept losing connection at first. But I got it :) The good news was that instead of paying $150/month like before, when I had 3 websites going including the nursery website, I'm now paying less than $120/year.

Thanks for checking things out!
redcrx
USDA Zone: 7

Post by redcrx »

Hi Chris. I noticed that links within a topic don't branch correctly. Check Harry van de Leer to see a bunch of links.
Ed McHugh, Sicklerville NJ
ImageMockingbird feeding juvenile yellow raisons - never leave home without them.
Chris_W
Administrator

Post by Chris_W »

redcrx wrote: Oct 22, 2020 7:18 am Hi Chris. I noticed that links within a topic don't branch correctly. Check Harry van de Leer to see a bunch of links.
Yes, whenever a hard link was used it would have been broken back when the forums moved to a new domain. I'll search the database as soon as I get my computer here as it is a lot easier for me to work on the database from my desktop.

Thanks for letting me know.
New Topic Post Reply