Hosta ID

Talk about hostas, hostas, and more hostas! Companion plant topics should be posted in the Shade Garden forum.

Moderators: ViolaAnn, redcrx, Chris_W

New Topic Post Reply
django

Hosta ID

Post by django »

It’s been years since I’ve visited this forum. Glad to be back. Hoping someone can help me ID one of my hostas. I no longer have a record of it. Thanks for your help!
Attachments
B2CE6EA9-E3C3-4E0F-8C42-3F6BE7B0C820.jpeg
Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better! It's not. -- - -- Dr. Seuss
Chris_W
Administrator
USDA Zone: 9

Re: Hosta ID

Post by Chris_W »

Hi there!

How big is it, and when do you think you bought it? I’ll try to figure it out for you 😁
Chris_W
Administrator
USDA Zone: 9

Post by Chris_W »

I was thinking it reminds me of Hosta Heartsong which is a white edged sport of Candy Hearts.
django

Post by django »

I think I bought it about 15 - 20 years ago. Could have been one of my first hostas. The clump is 2' wide X 1' tall. The leaf is four inches. I took the pic last evening. During the daylight, it's much greener in color. I looked at my notes from way back when - I have a golden tiara that is unaccounted for. Might be that, but it definitely has a white border. Maybe it's diamond tiara and was mislabeled. Hosta Heartsong is a nice-looking plant, but I don't think that's it. Thanks for your help - it's good to talk hostas again.
Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better! It's not. -- - -- Dr. Seuss
New Topic Post Reply