Let me introduce myself

This is the welcome area. Post here to introduce yourself to the forum and to welcome new members.

Moderator: Chris_W

New Topic Post Reply
insam

Let me introduce myself

Post by insam »

Hello everyone! My name is Joseph, and my garden is in Nashville, TN. I've only been gardening for about 5 years or so, but it quickly became a passion. My main activity is growing and breeding hellebores. I also grow many wildflowers native to the Eastern US. So, you will likely find me most often in the shade and woodland forum. I also like epimediums and grow other plants specifically for hummingbirds and butterflies.
I am a librarian and currently working in an international school in Seoul, Korea. So, I may post some photos of Korean wildflowers in Spring when I have a chance to head out to the mountains (There is one plant in particular that I will search endlessly for while here. I have never seen it in European or American gardens and hope to have the opportunity to introduce it). I miss my garden very much but will return home to do some work for a few weeks in summer. Then my goal is to return completely before another hellebore season goes by!
I have a bit of an explorer's mentality and scientific curiosity but am no kind of expert and simply enjoy the wonders and sights of the garden. I look forward to seeing you all and learning while we share our mutual love for gardening!
oldcoot
USDA Zone: 8

Wow !!

Post by oldcoot »

Please DO show us any Korean Flowers that you can. We all love flowers and would be most apriciative o seeing some flowers we don't usually get a chance to see.. Seems you grow a lot of the same flowers we do and I know every one would love to see some pictures of YOUR plants

My first Hellborus just bloomed this past week.

That Funny and VERY Friendly Old Coot , named John, saying, "SPRING" is coming and in just 20 more days" and counting !!!
There may be snow in the garden, but there will always be eternal springtime in the heart of this old gardner - Saying of Old Coot
Chris_W
Administrator
USDA Zone: 9

Post by Chris_W »

It's nice to meet you Joseph. Sounds like you are on a fantastic adventure :D

Look forward to hearing more about your trips to the mountains.
newtohosta-no more

Post by newtohosta-no more »

Hi Joseph! I see you found the welcome post that we threw out for you a couple days ago when we noticed you had become a member. :) Nice to read a bit about your life and sounds as though you're leading quite an interesting one! We do love pics and would love to hear more about your time there in Korea. Glad to have you with us! :D
~JOAN~
My Hosta List

Tomorrow is promised to no one, so love and laugh today.
New Topic Post Reply