Welcome to graceful_garden

This is the welcome area. Post here to introduce yourself to the forum and to welcome new members.

Moderator: Chris_W

New Topic Post Reply
newtohosta-no more

Welcome to graceful_garden

Post by newtohosta-no more »

Welcome to Hallson's! I see you've already posted something on the Hosta Virus X forum and you're just as concerned as the rest of us about this enormous problem. I sure hope it gets under control someday soon. I hope
we'll see you posting in some of the other forums. We'd love to hear more about you and your garden. The more, the merrier!! Enjoy!! :D
~JOAN~
My Hosta List

Tomorrow is promised to no one, so love and laugh today.
oldcoot
USDA Zone: 8

And a morning welcome From that Old Coot named John

Post by oldcoot »

May OC assume that you are a Hostaholic like most of us. (OC became addicted two years ago). He is from upstate SC . which is getting really dry now. If you are a hostaholic, you came to the right spot. They congregate here daily . Lots of good friendly help in this group. You'll fit right in with us then. Often times we speak the first thing that come out of our mouths (Ho-Ho-Ho) and because OC knows you will enjoy our forums - ALL OF THEM.. We are so glad to have you in our Hallson family, and that is what we are. We care about and for each other and pass along information in the various forums where they would be relevant and prayers or good wishes when you want them . DO join in, don't just lurk, post a way to your hearts content, and if you can -do post picture in ANY of the forums. Hallsonites LOVE pictures and the only thing they love better, is digging in the dirt. OC doesn't think it's gardening until he gets all dirty. (For him that's easy !!)
There may be snow in the garden, but there will always be eternal springtime in the heart of this old gardner - Saying of Old Coot
graceful_garden

Thanks!

Post by graceful_garden »

What a lovely welcome! Thanks so much, Joan & OC!! I agree with OC - it's definitely NOT gardening unless you're covered with dirt! Hey - could we find a dirt-covered emoticon - that would have to be my signature! LOL!! :lol:
I have found gardeners to be the nicest folks, and you two have reinforced that, for sure! I'm prepared to learn alot, and make new friends on the journey! As far as being a hostaholic - I'm pretty new to hostas ( only 5 types), but am catching on quickly!! Our drought here has been eased a bit, first by T.S. Barry last week, and by a whopper of a thunderstorm yesterday morning that likey dropped 2 inches of precious rain, and a smaller one this morning, early - around 5:00am. But the sun is out now & skies are clear - wish I could head out to the yard, but I'm off to work at my church - inside, today! :( Samantha :cool:
oldcoot
USDA Zone: 8

Well Samantha, we ARE glad you are among us now

Post by oldcoot »

:D :D :D OC is particularly proud that you got s0ome rain. He knows you desperately need it down that way. We too were bone dry, but have now had a solid week of slow steady drizzle and everything looks so good. With temps in the mid 70's all week, Most things have recovered nicely.
When the sun broke through for several hours about noon yesterday, he rode his little electric scooter out to look at all his new ones he got in the Hosta Secret trade and some of the great Hallsonite friends OC has, sent him after all his froze in an unexpected Easter freeze. They are simply beautiful and growing so tall. The good Lord sure does water better than we mortals can....OC Camera in in the shop but when he gets back from vacation in two weeks, it is supposed to be back, and you can bet, he be out there every day Photographing and cataloging all he has and showing them to you...

Again Welcom. We try to be a friendly bunch OC
There may be snow in the garden, but there will always be eternal springtime in the heart of this old gardner - Saying of Old Coot
New Topic Post Reply