Welcome to loisf

This is the welcome area. Post here to introduce yourself to the forum and to welcome new members.

Moderator: Chris_W

New Topic Post Reply
newtohosta-no more

Welcome to loisf

Post by newtohosta-no more »

Just wanted to welcome you to Hallson's! We'd love to hear a bit about you and your garden. I hope you'll find lots to enjoy at this site. :D
~JOAN~
My Hosta List

Tomorrow is promised to no one, so love and laugh today.
loisf

Post by loisf »

Hi, Newtohosta-no more. Sorry, I didn't find this location until today. Newtoforums should be my name. Thanks so much for the greeting. I'm trying to figure out how to post photos. Is there an instruction area on this forum? I'd love to post some information about my gardens. Would I just start a thread on the hosta forum, or is there a better place to do this? Any information would be helpful.

Again, thanks for the welcome. This is fun! Lois
newtohosta-no more

Hi Lois!
I understand about missing things when you're new to a site. They seems to be so much stuff to check out, doesn't there? :wink:
I think there may be some instructions about posting pics in one of the forums at the bottom of the list. Maybe the test area??? Seems to me that Chris posted instructions on here at one time. If you can't find it there, you could use the Search feature and that should show you all the posts where it was mentioned. Or you could go to the Garden Bench forum and post a new message asking for help and I'm sure many will assist you. I don't know what kind of computer you're using, but I have an iMac and some of my features and requirements are different than the PCs.
I do occassionally attach a pic and it's pretty simple with the pics I have saved in folders on my desktop. You just have to click Browse and find the pic you want and click on it. You can then add a comment in the box provided and then click on submit. There are size restrictions, so keep that in mind. :wink:
If you just want to tell about your garden, then you can go to specific forums (hostas, perennials, Japanese gardens, etc) and talk about those specific plants, or you can use one of the more generalized Gardening forums. Or you can always discuss most anything at the Garden Bench.
Hope that helps! And again....welcome! :D
~JOAN~
My Hosta List

newtohosta-no more

P.S. Lois....I just checked the forum that had the instructions for posting pics and it is toward the bottom, but not in the Test Area. It's in the next one....Comments and stuff. :wink:
~JOAN~
My Hosta List

kHT
USDA Zone: 7-8 Z-nial

Post by kHT »

Welcome to HG!
karma 'Happy Toes' (kHT)
The Goddess is Alive and Magic is Afoot!!!!
I'm just a simple housewife.
New Topic Post Reply