Welcome to jstaton

This is the welcome area. Post here to introduce yourself to the forum and to welcome new members.

Moderator: Chris_W

New Topic Post Reply
newtohosta-no more

Welcome to jstaton

Post by newtohosta-no more »

Just wanted to say hello and welcome to Hallson's! :D
~JOAN~
My Hosta List

Tomorrow is promised to no one, so love and laugh today.
kHT
USDA Zone: 7-8 Z-nial

Post by kHT »

Welcome to HG!
karma 'Happy Toes' (kHT)
The Goddess is Alive and Magic is Afoot!!!!
I'm just a simple housewife.
jstaton

Thanks

Post by jstaton »

I recently realized this is the longest we've lived in one place since I graduated from college in the late 80s. Yikes! We'll be in our home 5 years this fall and the garden is finely taking a bit of shape.

I grew up in the arid west where hostas were not a possibility- many varieties are somewhat marginal here in the coastal south, but lots do well. I've tried not to let them become an obsession, but I think I'm losing that battle.

I only recently discovered Hallson's because people speak so highly of them at Dave's Garden. Although, I'll have to wait 'til fall to order. Weather in the lowcountry will go from lovely (low 80s) to sauna in just a couple weeks.

I'm enjoying reading all the posts from the other hosta-a-holics!

Jenny
newtohosta-no more

Post by newtohosta-no more »

Hi Jenny,
It is a losing battle when it comes to hostas, but there are many worse "addictions" or "obsessions" one could have. :wink: And we are such enablers here!
:lol: It's good to have you with us and I hope you will continue to enjoy this site. I've been a long time member and think it's the best gardening site on the internet......and the best mail-order nursery too! :D
~JOAN~
My Hosta List

Tomorrow is promised to no one, so love and laugh today.
New Topic Post Reply