Welcome to peacebabynow

This is the welcome area. Post here to introduce yourself to the forum and to welcome new members.

Moderator: Chris_W

New Topic Post Reply
kHT
USDA Zone: 7-8 Z-nial

Welcome to peacebabynow

Post by kHT »

Welcome to HG!
karma 'Happy Toes' (kHT)
The Goddess is Alive and Magic is Afoot!!!!
I'm just a simple housewife.
newtohosta-no more

Post by newtohosta-no more »

Welcome to Hallson's , peacebabynow. I hope you're going to like this site as much as I do. Lots of variety here ,so I hope you'll have time to check out many of the other forums. :D
~JOAN~
My Hosta List

Tomorrow is promised to no one, so love and laugh today.
peacebabynow

Post by peacebabynow »

Thank-you both very much, I got here quite by accident and am happy to have made the trip. I haven't checked out the other forums yet and being a perennial freak, I suppose I should. I've really been enjoying the Hosta forum though as I'm pretty much out of room for anything else in the ground so I'm working on potting hostas. Actually I take that back. My neighbor cut some branches off my tree where they were hitting his house, so now I have enough sun to plant some more underneath it.

I live in part of a house that I rent and the landlord has generously allowed me to sink a few thousand dollars into landscaping for him. (excuse me?) It's turned into a passion however and despite the fact that he doesn't compensate me in any way, I'm a happier person for doing it. Unfortunately he's hesitant to give up much more ground space as he uses it to park cars for the Ohio State Football games at the nearby University. As a millionaire, the ten bucks a head he gets for about twenty cars per game is apparently more important than my mental health or the value of the property. So...I have to make do which means I can't really have a "garden" per se, just lots of borders and beds. What would you call that? When people ask me how my garden is doing, I'm not sure what to say. Which one?

Anyway, nice to meet cha!
kHT
USDA Zone: 7-8 Z-nial

Post by kHT »

peacebabynow, my favorite thing to say is, "When one plants a seed, it will grow and the world will be happier for it!" Ya know coming from a State where Football is the weekend past time I do understand your land lord but you too can profit. Let's just add a couple dollars to the parking to sit in your lovely garden for lunch or tours?? :wink: Welcome again!
karma 'Happy Toes' (kHT)
The Goddess is Alive and Magic is Afoot!!!!
I'm just a simple housewife.
New Topic Post Reply