I am a new member

This is the welcome area. Post here to introduce yourself to the forum and to welcome new members.

Moderator: Chris_W

New Topic Post Reply
Lake Luzerne Tom
USDA Zone: 4B

I am a new member

Post by Lake Luzerne Tom »

I live on Long Island NY but do my hosta and daylily planting in Lake Luzerne in the Adirondacks. I have about 100 or so of each as I just started planting about 3 years ago I am a member of HADS Hudson Adirondack Daylily Soc. and LIDS a Long Island counterpart< several hosta societies, the NY Botanical Garden and last but not lease the Brooklyn Botanic Garden in Brooklyn NY where I was born and raised. Enough about me. Does anyone know where to get Humpback Whale Hosta at a reasonable price? :)
newtohosta-no more

Re: I am a new member

Post by newtohosta-no more »

I can't answer your question , but I can welcome you to Hallson's! Thanks for sharing a bit about yourself and your gardening. It's always nice to have a new member and you'll find lots of hostaholics at this site. I hope you will enjoy it. :D
Last edited by newtohosta-no more on Mar 20, 2009 7:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
~JOAN~
My Hosta List

Tomorrow is promised to no one, so love and laugh today.
kHT
USDA Zone: 7-8 Z-nial

Post by kHT »

Welcome to HG!
karma 'Happy Toes' (kHT)
The Goddess is Alive and Magic is Afoot!!!!
I'm just a simple housewife.
Chris_W
Administrator
USDA Zone: 9

Post by Chris_W »

Welcome to the forums!

I don't believe Humpback Whale is for sale anywhere, and if it was the price would be sky high. SEEDS from Humpback Whale just sold this spring for $100 and the only time the plant was sold was at auction for over $700. Unless it was to go into tissue culture the price won't likely be low enough for me to afford any time soon :wow:
New Topic Post Reply