I'm new to this forum/I'm into hostas/learning

This is the welcome area. Post here to introduce yourself to the forum and to welcome new members.

Moderator: Chris_W

New Topic Post Reply
notherdigger
USDA Zone: zone 7

I'm new to this forum/I'm into hostas/learning

Post by notherdigger »

I'm new to this forum but saw it was about hostas and was interested and curious. I am learning but have owned them for some years and own several which I plan to divide this fall. I'm always a sucker for a new one or different one. I live in far northern CA. and am into vege gardening as well as other plants. This looks like a place I may learn alot about hostas.
Also I was trying to learn how to add/modify my profile but I don't understand that yet, mayby someone can point the way on that sometime as I am slow to pick up the procedures on my own on these forums at first. Thanks for an interesting forum.
Andy
newtohosta-no more

Re: I'm new to this forum/I'm into hostas/learning

Post by newtohosta-no more »

Welcome, Andy! This certainly is a great place to learn more about hostas and now that spring has sprung that particular forum is starting to get busier. :)
I'm sure you'll be tempted to add hostas to your garden once you see all the pics that people will post on there. Afterall, with over 3000 different cultivars it's hard not to find hundreds to love. :lol: If you're not aware...there is a site online that has pictures and info on many of them. Check it out sometime:

http://hostalibrary.org

If you have any questions about your profile, or posting pics, or anything like that you can ask them in the forum near the bottom of the Board index page. (comments, questions, and answers). There is also a forum there for testing different things so you can get it right before you try posting .....for instance : a picture.

Good luck and I hope you will enjoy this site! Glad to have you with us! :D
~JOAN~
My Hosta List

Tomorrow is promised to no one, so love and laugh today.
notherdigger
USDA Zone: zone 7

Post by notherdigger »

Thanks for the welcome. I figured out later how to add to my profile but it sometimes takes awhile. I might work on a pic later. Yes I think hostas are one interesting bunch among many other kinds of plants. I will check out that library sometime when I have alottttttttttttttt of time lol.
newtohosta-no more

Post by newtohosta-no more »

:wink: Yep...that Hosta Library site is like Lay's potato chips....you can't stop at just one. :lol:
~JOAN~
My Hosta List

Tomorrow is promised to no one, so love and laugh today.
kHT
USDA Zone: 7-8 Z-nial

Post by kHT »

Welcome to HG!
karma 'Happy Toes' (kHT)
The Goddess is Alive and Magic is Afoot!!!!
I'm just a simple housewife.
R. Rock
USDA Zone: 3-4

Post by R. Rock »

Hello,
Nice introduction. Enjoy yourself and don't be afraid to ask anything.
Be part of the solution
New Topic Post Reply