Thanks for having me!

This is the welcome area. Post here to introduce yourself to the forum and to welcome new members.

Moderator: Chris_W

New Topic Post Reply
hortwino
USDA Zone: 5

Thanks for having me!

Post by hortwino »

Hi, I'm Dave Wanninger. I've been into plants and gardening for a long time, but just got bit by the hosta bug 5-6 years ago. Things hosta started to get serious when I attended the Winter Scientific meeting 3 years ago - I was giving a nonhosta/woody plants talk, and I've meet a few of you folks at the Winter Scientific over the last few years. Hi to Lisa, Kim, Renaldo (dinner at RAM), Ken, probably some more - not sure who all posts here.

I live/garden in Janesville, Wi, and work for a large wholesale nursery in Northern Illinois - been in the hort business for many years. My main area of expertise is woody plants, but I'm also into peonies and perennials - shade perennials in particular(figures, don't it?). Because I have a smallish yard and I got into hostas later in my gardening life, the lion's share of my hostas are in my neighbor's yard!

If you're in Janesville, visit Rotary Gardens - a great little botanic garden - and then stop by for a glass or two of wine - and yes, Ken, I'll get the good stuff out if you stop by. The garden gate is always open!
Dave
JaneG
USDA Zone: 5

Re: Thanks for having me!

Post by JaneG »

Welcome Dave!!! Sounds like you already know some of our "regulars". Your experience in woody plants and others will come in handy to the rest of us as we pick your brain!
JaneG
Start slowly . . . then taper off.
kHT
USDA Zone: 7-8 Z-nial

Post by kHT »

Welcome to HG!
karma 'Happy Toes' (kHT)
The Goddess is Alive and Magic is Afoot!!!!
I'm just a simple housewife.
newtohosta-no more

Post by newtohosta-no more »

Glad to have you with us, Dave. It's really nice that you're already acquainted with some forum members. :D :D
~JOAN~
My Hosta List

Tomorrow is promised to no one, so love and laugh today.
oldcoot
USDA Zone: 8

Post by oldcoot »

And That OldCoot named John welcomes you too. :D :D :D
There may be snow in the garden, but there will always be eternal springtime in the heart of this old gardner - Saying of Old Coot
New Topic Post Reply