Hello to all from FLBuchholz in Midland Michigan

This is the welcome area. Post here to introduce yourself to the forum and to welcome new members.

Moderator: Chris_W

New Topic Post Reply
FLBuchholz
USDA Zone: 5

Hello to all from FLBuchholz in Midland Michigan

Post by FLBuchholz »

Hi all,

Allow me to introduce myself - I'm Fred from Midland in central Michigan. I am a 15+ year hosta fanatic, with about 85 varieties of hosta in my garden. I have a shady, 10 acre property, so have lots of room to expand my gardens. I'm sure that I'll be kept in check by the large deer herd in my neighborhood. A chemist by training and career, so I've been interested in the tissue culture aspect of hosta propagation. But I still propagate hostas "the old fashioned way" - by division. I became familiar with Hallson Gardens a few years ago after a "drive by viewing" during a trip from Midland to Adrian MI for a springtime conference that my wife was attending. After retiring from my chemistry career a little over a year ago, I'm am focusing more time on my garden.
JaneG
USDA Zone: 5

Re: Hello to all from FLBuchholz in Midland Michigan

Post by JaneG »

Welcome!!! If you are familiar with Chris and Brian and their nursery, then you already know the best thing about this place! It's one of the friendliest places on the internet!!

PS - You won't be at 85 hostas for long!!! There are lots of enablers here! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
JaneG
Start slowly . . . then taper off.
newtohosta-no more

Post by newtohosta-no more »

And let me add my welcome also! Good to have you with us and I appreciate your introduction. Must be nice having all that acreage and shade. Sounds like a lovely place to live. I'll look forward to reading your future posts and I hope you will enjoy this site. :D
~JOAN~
My Hosta List

Tomorrow is promised to no one, so love and laugh today.
kHT
USDA Zone: 7-8 Z-nial

Post by kHT »

Welcome to HG!
karma 'Happy Toes' (kHT)
The Goddess is Alive and Magic is Afoot!!!!
I'm just a simple housewife.
oldcoot
USDA Zone: 8

Post by oldcoot »

You should have a wonderful time here :D :D :D :D We are a really loving family of folks here. Find the forum you are interested in and share your thoughts as you wish or ask questions and OC bets you will surprised at the number of replies you get. We like nothing better than sharing our expience , good or bad with others........Really glad to have you with us............An Old Coot named John :beer: :beer: :beer: :D :D :D

Also This Old Coot is a retired Chemist (Retired a LONG time ago - OC is proud of his 77 years of survival from the laboratory to plant production of "soapy water" He knows you know what that means......
There may be snow in the garden, but there will always be eternal springtime in the heart of this old gardner - Saying of Old Coot
New Topic Post Reply