Welcome alexis

This is the welcome area. Post here to introduce yourself to the forum and to welcome new members.

Moderator: Chris_W

New Topic Post Reply
kHT
USDA Zone: 7-8 Z-nial

Welcome alexis

Post by kHT »

Welcome to HG!
karma 'Happy Toes' (kHT)
The Goddess is Alive and Magic is Afoot!!!!
I'm just a simple housewife.
alexis
USDA Zone: 5B

Re: Welcome alexis

Post by alexis »

Thank you for the Welcome KHT. I've been a little busy and have not been able to get on here before now.

Just a quick autobiography on myself. I'm starting over and thoroughly enjoying myself. I purchased a circa 1927 Bungalow in August of 2007, and I'm slowly updating it. VERY Slowly, LOL. I started with the yard. Actually there was no yard just weeds. No plants or shrubs of any kind. The first two seasons I pulled weeds, brought in truck loads of soil and planted, planted, planted. My neighbors were thrilled. My yard was the worst in the neighborhood. Not anymore!!! :-)

My first hosta purchases were from Lowes. I bought 10 Francee and 4 August Moon. First Lesson learned.. don't buy from box stores and almost never buy more that one of any named hosta. I now have huge Francee's coming out of my ears. And I don't have the heart to throw them away. I now have approximately 110 hosta, including the above ones. And I just purchased my first hosta from Chris. Cathedral Windows, Cinderella, Frosted Dimples, Katie Q, Queen of the Seas, Satisfaction, Singing in the Rain, And a yet to be determined one. The last is only undetermined because initially I had ordered a Ventricosa Aureomarginata when what I meant to order was a Montana Aureomarginata.

Thank you for saying hi KHT. I look forward to all the news and pictures and education I will get here.

Alexis
Laugh Hard, Love Well, and do BOTH Often.
oldcoot
USDA Zone: 8

Re: Welcome alexis

Post by oldcoot »

And that Old Coot named John welcomes you too. Yiu will never go wrong ordereing froom Chris. He only sell the best and backs it up......
You should have a wonderful time here We are a really loving family of folks here. Find the forum you are interested in and share your thoughts as you wish or ask questions and OC bets you will surprised at the number of replies you get. We like nothing better than sharing our expience , good or bad with others........Really glad to have you with us............An Old Coot named John
There may be snow in the garden, but there will always be eternal springtime in the heart of this old gardner - Saying of Old Coot
New Topic Post Reply