Welcome to MiBob

This is the welcome area. Post here to introduce yourself to the forum and to welcome new members.

Moderator: Chris_W

New Topic Post Reply
newtohosta-no more

Welcome to MiBob

Post by newtohosta-no more »

:D I know I already welcome you, along with the others, at the Garden Bench forum, but here's your official welcome in the Welcome Forum, MiBob! :lol:
~JOAN~
My Hosta List

Tomorrow is promised to no one, so love and laugh today.
MiBob
USDA Zone: 5

Re: Welcome to MiBob

Post by MiBob »

To Introduce myself:

I am an about-to-retire teacher in Spring Arbor (MI). I've been working on shade gardening for the past few years...and currently have about 50+ varieties of hosta, plus a variety of complimentary plants. Now that retirement is approaching, I'm looking forward to doing more...and even going to Hosta College to see what I can learn. Now my warm weather role will be maintaining the yard and camping (my other summer pastime--which challenges my yard schedule at times). I'd really enjoy getting acquainted with other hosta growers in the area. Right now, I am waiting for spring!!!
newtohosta-no more

Aren't we all!!! :lol: Today is going to be extremely cold and with a brisk wind here, so I imagine it will be the same for you. Thanks for the info about yourself and I wish you much enjoyment in your retirement. There are lots and lots of hosta lovers here and Chris carries a very nice of hostas at his nursery, so I hope you'll check them out (if you haven't already). :D
~JOAN~
My Hosta List

MiBob
USDA Zone: 5

Post by MiBob »

Chris/Brian...or whoever

I am having a terrible time navigating through the maze on this site. Every time I try to move (click) I am again asked for a user name and password...and then it sends me back to where I started...which again asks for user name/password.

Chris/Brian: I live right here in Jackson and would love to get together with you for coffee some time (at your convenience and my schedule) just to talk about hostas. Reldon Ramsey tells me you are a great source to chat with; I've chatted with you briefly on occasions at the nursery, but usually I am only one in a long line of customers. I'd love to come over sometime just to chat . MiBob
newtohosta-no more

I hope you've got that computer situation thing straightened out. That is something that I can't help you with, but I do have a suggestion about your hosta questions. Why don't you post some questions on the Hosta Forum? We have many experienced gardeners here who are very free with their advice and knowledge. Many are so creative and love to help with garden design and such. Plus it will give many of us something to do while we are waiting for Spring to arrive! :wink:
~JOAN~
My Hosta List

New Topic Post Reply