Hello from a new member

This is the welcome area. Post here to introduce yourself to the forum and to welcome new members.

Moderator: Chris_W

New Topic Post Reply
BackerBunch
USDA Zone: 7a

Hello from a new member

Post by BackerBunch »

My name is Brenda. I'm a stay-at-home dog mom and my mom's caregiver. I find working in the yard great therapy. :wink: I use to work in the yard many years ago then took a break for a few years when I moved. I've been working the yard we have now. It has come a long way but it still has a long way to go too. I hope I don't 'bug' you guys too much with all the questions I'm sure I'm going to have. :D
Brenda

JJ, Jake and Josie
newtohosta-no more

Re: Hello from a new member

Post by newtohosta-no more »

Hi Brenda and welcome to Hallsons! That a great bunch of furkids you have there. So adorable! Don't worry about asking too many questions. Just find the forum you need and jump right in. We're a friendly and helpful bunch. :wink:
~JOAN~
My Hosta List

Tomorrow is promised to no one, so love and laugh today.
kaylyred
USDA Zone: 5a

Post by kaylyred »

Hi Brenda, and welcome to Hallson's! I'm new myself, and I've found that no one minds being "bugged" with questions. Have at it! :D

Your fur kids are absolutely adorable. I've got three of my own, but I'm not sure I could ever get them to pose for a photograph at the same time. hehe
~ Karen

Check out Petiole Junction, my gardening blog!
See my little hosta list
I've also got a garden photo gallery.
BackerBunch

Post by BackerBunch »

newtohosta-no more wrote:That a great bunch of furkids you have there. So adorable!
Your fur kids are absolutely adorable. I've got three of my own, but I'm not sure I could ever get them to pose for a photograph at the same time.
Thank you! Karen, I'll let you in on a little secret, I didn't get them to pose. They were having popcorn time with my DH. He always has their undivided attention during popcorn time! :lol:

I've been reading past threads and this website is great! It's so informative. (I wasn't aware of the Hosta Virus until I read it here.) I love the pictures you guys post too. I can only hope our yard looks as good one day.
Brenda

JJ, Jake and Josie
gamekeeper

Post by gamekeeper »

What breed are the dogs the picture is a little dark can't recognize,longhaired Dachshunds?
BackerBunch

Post by BackerBunch »

gamekeeper wrote:What breed are the dogs the picture is a little dark can't recognize,longhaired Dachshunds?
JJ & Jake, the black & white ones, are border collies. Josie, our merle girl, is our mutt. Her dam was an aussie and her sire was a border collie.
Brenda

JJ, Jake and Josie
Linda P

Post by Linda P »

Welcome, Brenda! I was a caregiver to my parents for most of the last 10 years. They are both gone now, and I don't regret a minute of the time I spent with them.
It's challenging, but rewarding.
I like your pups, too. I had figured out that two of them were border collies, and thought I detected some Aussie in the other, so it's nice to know that I was on track.
I've had herding dogs of one type or other most of my life, but now I have a little dachshund.
Have fun checking out all the forums here!

Linda P
And time remembered is grief forgotten,
And frosts are slain and flowers begotten.....
Algernon Charles Swinburne

Latitude: 41° 51' 12.1572"

My Hosta List
New Topic Post Reply