Old member new again

This is the welcome area. Post here to introduce yourself to the forum and to welcome new members.

Moderator: Chris_W

New Topic Post Reply
largosmom

Old member new again

Post by largosmom »

Hi, It's been over a year since I've posted in my gardening forums.

Last year, my allergies and resulting migraines kept me in many, many weekends, and business travel kept me often away... and as a result, my garden beds are overgrown and badly in need of work.

I'm trying again this year to get things going though, and with some extra help with upkeep on the beds, perhaps I can keep up with it without creating a headache that sends me to a dark room to snooze it off (with some help from meds). Also re-starting on allergy shots.

Anyway, just wanted to say "hi" to some of my gardening and hosta friends. Spring is later than usual this year it seems, but I was out rearranging pots and can see some eyes starting to show through, so I have hope that many of my hostas survived my neglect...we shall see. I did find that there are some tags missing (sigh), so I'll perhaps need some help narrowing down what I have...thank goodness I did keep decent lists.

So, happy Spring and hello!

Laura (aka Largo's Mom)
newtohosta-no more

Re: Old member new again

Post by newtohosta-no more »

Welcome back, Laura! You're not the only one that neglected their beds last year. I've heard that from several people, myself included. I'm hoping this year will be a better year also.
Good to see you one here again! :wink:
~JOAN~
My Hosta List

Tomorrow is promised to no one, so love and laugh today.
largosmom

Post by largosmom »

Thanks...ooooh my aching back! I was out in the yard today moving all of my potted hostas out of an old bed which is being dismantled and also moving and repotting some of my Japanese maples. Those pots were heavy...I'll be hating myself later.

Good news is that I'm seeing lots of eyes coming up, and though I can also see that I've lost a few hostas, it seems that last year's neglect and our harder than usual winter don't seem to have dealt badly with the majority of my hostas. They are in pots until I get new beds in...which is happening this year if my health will allow.

I do have one special hosta that I can't wait to see if it comes back the same this year. It is a sport of sum and substance...I remember it was OK last year. If it comes back and has some extra eyes, I'll probably try and remove at least one or two as insurance against losing it for some reason. Fingers crossed that it will again have stripes!

Laura
Chris_W
Administrator
USDA Zone: 9

Post by Chris_W »

Hi Laura, nice to see you :)

The nice thing about hostas and winter is that the worse winter is, the better they get. Hostas love extra snow cover and extra time to sleep. So while winter was harder for you maybe, the hostas will have loved it :)

Good luck getting back into things this year!

Chris
New Topic Post Reply