Greetings from Kandahar

This is the welcome area. Post here to introduce yourself to the forum and to welcome new members.

Moderator: Chris_W

New Topic Post Reply
Wyockey
USDA Zone: 5

Greetings from Kandahar

Post by Wyockey »

Found the forum (thru David's Garden) and found I could log on. I am from Ohio (go Buckeyes--it is a Ohio/Michigan thing)--currently in Afghanistan. At home, I have been working the same garden for 13 years--it's been a trial and errors, but the biggest lession is that everything takes time. Biggest pleasure is drinking coffee and walking through the beds. Being here in desert, I am really missing spring times, luckily I get pictures from home. So I am living my gardening life through the forum. have about 4o hostas, 50 peonies, over a dozen roses, coneflowers, lilies and do you really want the whole list?
newtohosta-no more

Re: Greetings from Kandahar

Post by newtohosta-no more »

Welcome to Hallson's, Wyockey! It must be tough being there, for a variety of reasons. I'm sure you do miss your garden this time of year, but you probably miss your family and friends more. And I know your family and friends must miss you too. I currently have someone I am missing who has been in Iraq since last August. :(
What part of Ohio do you call home? I am in NE Ohio and understand the Buckeye thing. :lol:
And we would love to hear all about your garden...including the list of plants that you have. Pics are always welcome too, but maybe you'll have to wait til you return to the States for that.
Stay safe and I hope you will be returning home soon. :D
~JOAN~
My Hosta List

Tomorrow is promised to no one, so love and laugh today.
New Topic Post Reply