Welcome to joan_h

This is the welcome area. Post here to introduce yourself to the forum and to welcome new members.

Moderator: Chris_W

New Topic Post Reply
newtohosta-no more

Welcome to joan_h

Post by newtohosta-no more »

Welcome, Joan! I saw your post in the Hosta forum about 'Swan Lake'. Chris is so knowledgeable, so I'm not surprised he had a quick answer for you. I had to chuckle a bit when he mentioned "Shadeseeker', because I am a proud owner of that particular Walmart special. :lol: Actually I didn't buy it myself ,but it was given to me by a secret trader as a joke. She also included several other very nice hostas. Those box stores can be so sneaky when they re-label a common hosta with something with a pretty name. Oh well.
I do hope you'll stick around and explore many of the forums offered here. There is something for just about every interest! :D
~JOAN~
My Hosta List

Tomorrow is promised to no one, so love and laugh today.
joan_h
USDA Zone: 5a

Re: Welcome to joan_h

Post by joan_h »

Thank you for the welcome.

When I was on my 'hosta hunt' this weekend; I had my list in hand but was also keeping an eye out for multi-eyed hostas that I could send out in a secret swap (keeping a piece for myself).
I wanted ones that I knew most people did not already own, so when I saw this one's name I said to myself "Never heard of it - I doubt it is very common". Too bad I can't carry my laptop around with me to check out impulse buys.
It figures that with the over 1250 varieties that she grows, I end up with the questionable one.

Oh well, I still made it home with 9 others that I really wanted and 2 more that just kind of jumped into my arms.

That will teach me to follow my list from now on. :)

Joan
newtohosta-no more

Re: Welcome to joan_h

Post by newtohosta-no more »

It's hard to stick to a list when you see so many nice ones out there. :wink: The hosta hunt is always a fun time. :D
~JOAN~
My Hosta List

Tomorrow is promised to no one, so love and laugh today.
New Topic Post Reply