Hosta Fever

This is the welcome area. Post here to introduce yourself to the forum and to welcome new members.

Moderator: Chris_W

New Topic Post Reply
rosalee
USDA Zone: 6

Hosta Fever

Post by rosalee »

:eek: I have developed hosta fever......just started some seed from ebay....and have some tiny little single slivers coming up....looking for seeds to grow to help keep down the cost of all the 6000 hosta's i have fallen in love with..lol
Chris_W
Administrator
USDA Zone: 9

Re: Hosta Fever

Post by Chris_W »

Welcome Rosalee.

While hosta seeds can help to get you lots of unknown, unnamed plants, if you really want any of the named hostas I'm afraid that the only way is to actually buy a plant of it. Hostas don't come true from seed and generally you get only solid colored plants from seed. But they are still fun to grow, so long as you don't mind that they generally won't look like the parent and won't be named.

Have fun on the forums!

Chris
newtohosta-no more

Post by newtohosta-no more »

Welcome, rosalee! You've found the right place for a fellow hostaholic. There are lots of enablers here at this site. :lol: If you haven't already, I hope you'll pop into the Hosta Forum. There are others who are growing from seed, so you all can share your experiences and your successes there. Good luck with your plants! :D
~JOAN~
My Hosta List

Tomorrow is promised to no one, so love and laugh today.
Angel3K
USDA Zone: 5

Post by Angel3K »

I love hostas, and have few plants when I used to live on apartments.

Now that I moved to a small townhome, adding more hosta to my small collection is a luxury. And I think a 15 feet x 12 feet backyard cannot acommodate 6000 hosta varieties.
I am open to creative solutions on how to maximize my space... so I can put more hosta varieties in my backyard. Of course, "that does not include getting rid of the family BBQ".

hostas are very nice plant, especially after a very cold winter.....

Angie
ViolaAnn
USDA Zone: 5a

Post by ViolaAnn »

Welcome to both Rosalee and Angie. This is a great place to learn more about your hostas.

Ann
Ann
Pictures of Ann's Hostas:
http://violaann.smugmug.com/Garden/Host ... 361_qL3gHS (SmugMug gallery now updated for 2016)
Angel3K
USDA Zone: 5

Post by Angel3K »

Thank you Ann. :)
New Topic Post Reply