This is the welcome area. Post here to introduce yourself to the forum and to welcome new members.

Moderator: Chris_W

New Topic Post Reply
jonbry123
USDA Zone: 6b

Post by jonbry123 »

Hi all,

Just joined after finding this forum and after scrolling through many of the posts and finding them very interesting. My name is Jon and yes I'm a hostaholic. Began growing hostas off and on about twenty years ago starting with plantaginea which never bloomed, I know why now and eventually died. About 6 years ago a local nursery had a sale on perennials to which I went and found numerous hostas I had never seen before. Well I ended up with a few if I recall then went online to learn more about those I had purchased and discovered the Hosta Library. I had no idea there were so many hostas and needless to say that was the beginning of my addiction to where I've collected around 210 different hostas. My want list exceeds that number...lol. No doubt there are a lot of enablers here as there is in the Facebook AHS webpage and I'll do my best to enabler others as well.
Jon
Jon
ogrefcf
USDA Zone: 5-6

Re: New member

Post by ogrefcf »

Welcome Jon! Would love to see some pictures if ya have any. :beer:
Owen
Tigger
USDA Zone: 6b - 7a

Post by Tigger »

Welcome, Jon.

You might look into joining the Delaware Valley or Susquehanna hosta societies. Tomorrow I'll be uploading the latest newsletter to http://www.delvalhosta.org, if you want to check us out.

David
rockNhostas
USDA Zone: 4a

Post by rockNhostas »

Welcome!

I promise I won't talk you out of adding new hostas to your collection.
newtohosta-no more

Post by newtohosta-no more »

Welcome, Jon. You're certainly in the right place if you're looking for enablers. :lol:
~JOAN~
My Hosta List

Tomorrow is promised to no one, so love and laugh today.
New Topic Post Reply