John is back again!

This is the welcome area. Post here to introduce yourself to the forum and to welcome new members.

Moderator: Chris_W

New Topic Post Reply
John

John is back again!

Post by John »

Just want to say hello to all my Hallson Gardens friends. Sometimes life gets in the way of our gardening fun, but enough of that! Looking forward to reading the postings and seeing photos of your plants and gardens.

I am still hybridizing Hemerocallis, the daylily, and getting closer to 'green.'

The Hosta collection has dwindled somewhat, due to loss of a huge maple, and resultant increase of sunny areas.

New interests include the Siberian Iris, and I am slowly beginning to build a collection, and plan to make some crosses.

Hope to be posting some pictures soon, as well as updating my plant lists.

See you all later!

John
ogrefcf
USDA Zone: 5-6

Re: John is back again!

Post by ogrefcf »

Welcome back John! One of the newer ones around her myself.
Owen
John

Post by John »

Hi Owen,

I was just admiring your Iris, especially that unusual gold-centered burgundy one, awesome. I've just started collecting some of the tall bearded iris (and siberians) thanks to a generous friend at work. I am trying to get away from too heavy an emphasis on daylilies and hostas, although those will always be favorites.

John
ogrefcf

Post by ogrefcf »

If ya want some starts let me know. I have plenty. Be more than happy to send some.
Owen
gardengirl13

Post by gardengirl13 »

John I'm now back too! Those hostas I got from you in the trade are doing well!! the twist of lime came apart when I got it and I got three little plants instead of one! Took a year to get going well and now they're awesome! The one is a darker green though, can a divide cause part of it to keep a darker color? The others are doing great too! The raspberry sorbet is huge this year with tons of flowers!

I see you're doing iris now. We have a fairly common one, not sure the name. We've had in every house we've lived in since my husband was a little boy. We're moving soon (hopefully) if you'd like a division of it let me know. here's a photo http://www.pbase.com/gardengirl13/image/150509146
Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted

To see my photos please visit http://www.pbase.com/gardengirl13
kHT
USDA Zone: 7-8 Z-nial

Post by kHT »

Welcome back John, just wait until next year and I can share some photos of some new Cold Brugmansia with everyone.
I have gotten some awesome seeds from Europe and a Canadian grower got some to bloom earlier this year. Stunning!!
karma 'Happy Toes' (kHT)
The Goddess is Alive and Magic is Afoot!!!!
I'm just a simple housewife.
New Topic Post Reply