New Member - Port Huron area

This is the welcome area. Post here to introduce yourself to the forum and to welcome new members.

Moderator: Chris_W

New Topic Post Reply
Lisa61
USDA Zone: 5b

New Member - Port Huron area

Post by Lisa61 »

Hello all,
I am a fairly new hosta collector, having started in 2012 after building a new home on a lovely shaded property. I've been reading some of the forum posts and wanted to join to share my crazy enthusiasm for these truly special plants.

I have 70 different hosta varieties in our back yard gardens, and increasing every month :D I purchased 25 or so from Hallsons earlier this spring, and am making a trip down there in 2 weeks for a few more. Anyhow, I am happy to have found this forum so that I can meet you all. Image
Chris_W
Administrator
USDA Zone: 9

Re: New Member - Port Huron area

Post by Chris_W »

Welcome Lisa! Glad you found us and I'm looking forward to seeing you again later this month :D I hope that your hostas and your passion for them keeps growing!

Chris
Tigger
USDA Zone: 6b - 7a

Post by Tigger »

Hi, Lisa, and welcome from an old-timer here. You can check out some of our garden journals to get to know us.

David (a.k.a. Tigger)
pauhaus

Post by pauhaus »

Welcome Lisa!

We will be happy to enable your burgeoning hosta addiction! I don't get on the forum as much as I used to but I still check in now and then. Try to make it to the Hallson's get together Aug. 2, loads of fun and you get to meet other forum members.
Paul
My Hosta List

“With fronds like you, who needs anemones.”
Lisa61

Post by Lisa61 »

Good Morning Chris, Tigger ands pauhaus! Thank you for the warm welcome. I don't know anyone up in my area of the Michigan woods (yet) who has a passion for hosta gardening, so it is great to be part of the forum now, and be surrounded by others who do :D

I've already got a list of plants to purchase when I visit the nursery Friday July 25. Can't wait to further expand my collection! :lol: Hoping to also meet other forum members who may be there as well.
New Topic Post Reply