This is the welcome area. Post here to introduce yourself to the forum and to welcome new members.

Moderator: Chris_W

New Topic Post Reply
aviculture1
USDA Zone: 7B

Post by aviculture1 »

Hi Everyone,
My name is William and I live in Georgia. I have had a lifelong passion for plants and have a special place in my heart for Hosta. I purchased a home on one acre of shaded property three years ago and my dream is to fill it with Hosta and other shade loving perennials. The first season I left everything alone trying to asses what was there, it is a veritable jungle as the previous owners never met a plant they didn't like and crowded every available inch with something. The second year I set out to hire someone to help me tame the jungle and it proved to be too much for the most, so this year I decided I would tackle it myself, a daunting task but I am trying to eat the elephant one bite at a time. Meanwhile, my Hosta collection is sitting in pots beneath the trees until they can find their way to a permanent place in the ground.

I am looking forward to receiving advice and also help in identifying some of the plants on my property. I am trying to save as much as possible, I have hundreds and hundreds of Helleborus all over the property, but a great deal is going to have to meet it's demise.
Chris_W
Administrator
USDA Zone: 9

Re: New Member

Post by Chris_W »

Welcome to the forums. Things seem to be picking up here, after lots of our traffic left to facebook, so it is great to have you here.

Good luck taming the jungle. Sounds like you have a lot of work ahead still. Be sure to have fun while you are at it :D

Chris
aviculture1
USDA Zone: 7B

Post by aviculture1 »

Thanks for the Welcome! I am still on Facebook but have run into a particular person who loves to post snide remarks and belittle people if they have questions. I am undaunted by that sort of behavior but life is too short so I would rather put my energy someplace with a positive atmosphere.
kHT
USDA Zone: 7-8 Z-nial

Post by kHT »

Welcome to HG!! Would love to see your jungle and how about selling some of your Hellie to the local folks, start
potting them up!! Or selling the seeds? Again welcome!!
karma 'Happy Toes' (kHT)
The Goddess is Alive and Magic is Afoot!!!!
I'm just a simple housewife.
New Topic Post Reply