Wayword Clematis

Use this area to discuss climbing plants such as trumpet vines, clematis, and others.

Moderator: Chris_W

Wayword Clematis

Postby Mary Ann » Jun 09, 2005 11:41 am

About 8 clematis are growing on my east side fence. All the flowers face my neighbors back yard. :( One of these days I'm going next door to visit my blooms. :D

I'm hoping someone can ID the plant on the left that was one of a bundle of 3 clematis. Is there any clematis that looks like this?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
My Hosta List

The Best Things in Life Aren't Things
Mary Ann

Wayword Clematis

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby Old earth dog » Jun 09, 2005 12:35 pm

Mary Ann, the shrub clematis has leaves like that. It stayes a small (3ft) herbaceous plant with small, light blue tubular flowers. Very unclematis like.
The only other one I know with a toothed leaf structure is one very similar in flower to Sweet Atumn Clematis, called Virgins bower. I believe there are more though.
Old earth dog

Postby Old earth dog » Jun 09, 2005 12:36 pm

Could also be Poison Ivy. :D :D :D :D
Old earth dog

Postby Mary Ann » Jun 09, 2005 3:19 pm

If anyone would know, you would. The package says Ernest Markham and Montana grandiflora. :roll:
My Hosta List

The Best Things in Life Aren't Things
Mary Ann

Postby Old earth dog » Jun 09, 2005 10:22 pm

:oops: Looking through my fav clem book, Clematis for colour (Brit sp) and versatility by Kieth & Carol Fair, I see the Montana's have the toothed leaf. :D :oops: Never had one because of the possible zone challenge and size. Be sure and let us know how yours does in the Chi town area.
Old earth dog

Return to Vines