Wayword Clematis

Use this area to discuss climbing plants such as trumpet vines, clematis, and others.

Moderator: Chris_W

Mary Ann

Wayword Clematis

Post by Mary Ann »

About 8 clematis are growing on my east side fence. All the flowers face my neighbors back yard. :( One of these days I'm going next door to visit my blooms. :D

I'm hoping someone can ID the plant on the left that was one of a bundle of 3 clematis. Is there any clematis that looks like this?
Attachments
Clematis.jpg
My Hosta List

The Best Things in Life Aren't Things
Old earth dog

Post by Old earth dog »

Mary Ann, the shrub clematis has leaves like that. It stayes a small (3ft) herbaceous plant with small, light blue tubular flowers. Very unclematis like.
The only other one I know with a toothed leaf structure is one very similar in flower to Sweet Atumn Clematis, called Virgins bower. I believe there are more though.
Old earth dog

Post by Old earth dog »

Could also be Poison Ivy. :D :D :D :D
Mary Ann

Post by Mary Ann »

If anyone would know, you would. The package says Ernest Markham and Montana grandiflora. :roll:
My Hosta List

The Best Things in Life Aren't Things
Old earth dog

Post by Old earth dog »

:oops: Looking through my fav clem book, Clematis for colour (Brit sp) and versatility by Kieth & Carol Fair, I see the Montana's have the toothed leaf. :D :oops: Never had one because of the possible zone challenge and size. Be sure and let us know how yours does in the Chi town area.
New Topic Post Reply