WAAAAAAAA What happened???

Use this area to discuss climbing plants such as trumpet vines, clematis, and others.

Moderator: Chris_W

patsue53

WAAAAAAAA What happened???

Post by patsue53 »

My 2 year old Clematis was looking great! It was budding out, growing bigger.....I was really looking forward to it's blooming. I went out a couple of days ago and the whole darned thing is DEAD!! I mean REALLY dead!! Totally black and crispy without a hint of life anywhere. You'd think it got doused with Round-up! Everything else growing in that area (mostly Mums and weeds) looks healthy and strong. anybody have any ideas? I don't want to replace it if unless I know it won't happen again. The area gets Western exposure, has average soil with decent drainage, and grows with mums and tulips.

Poor Clemmie. :(
viktoria

Post by viktoria »

Clematis Wilt!

Your plant MAY come back. Douse the area with a fungicide.

When you plant clematis, you should plant it several inches deeper than it was in the container. This helps make it more resistant to CW.
Many a great tune has been played on an older fiddle.
Soummer
USDA Zone: 4-5

Post by Soummer »

Soummer, formerly Janet D.
My Page

patsue53

Post by patsue53 »

:cry: :cry: Thank you. I'll get some fungicide and treat the area before I replant. I'm still in shock. Can't believe it went from healthy to dead in such a short time. :(
thy
USDA Zone: 7

Post by thy »

It will probbably come back next year. Dig it up and plant it deeper og give it a mound of good compost

Pia
Against stupidity the gods themselves struggle in vain.
E-mail for pics hostapics@gmail.com
New Topic Post Reply