Arbor in bloom

Use this area to discuss climbing plants such as trumpet vines, clematis, and others.

Moderator: Chris_W

Tigger
USDA Zone: 6b - 7a

Arbor in bloom

Post by Tigger »

I don't usually have anything to post in here, but I think this arbor has done pretty well this year.

This is New Dawn rose with a grape-colored clem (can't think of the name right now. Ramona, maybe?). One rose and one or two clems at each end of the arbor. I'm still amazed these things grow: when we had the arbor installed, we discovered the ground water is only about 16" down in springtime. But I guess once these decided to take off, there was no stopping them! I did some major pruning on the rose this winter, but I think I need to do more.

David
Attachments
arbor bloom2.jpg
kHT
USDA Zone: 7-8 Z-nial

Post by kHT »

Oh My that is sure pretty! Thanks for taking time to share that one!
Old earth dog

Post by Old earth dog »

Beautiful combo. I'm thinking about 'New Dawn' with clems on my dog kennel. That clem looks to dark for 'Ramona'. Off hand, it could be 'Jackmanii'.
Tigger
USDA Zone: 6b - 7a

Post by Tigger »

It was supposed to be wine-red, but does look more like Jackmanii than I wished. Wracking my brain, I come up with Gipsy Queen? It was from those people who sell the plants in the fibrous plant-it-all container.
Old earth dog

Post by Old earth dog »

I've never had "Gipsy Queen' but my info says it has red stamens. Jackmanii has greenish stamens. Hard to see yours in the pics. Clems are a lot like Hosta. Subtle little 10' rules with some of them.
wishiwere
USDA Zone: 5

Post by wishiwere »

Beautiful combo! What a welcoming site!
Jane (from the middle of the Mitten state)
My hosta list: viewtopic.php?t=39540
New Topic Post Reply