Clematis Mrs. Betty Balfour, with Hosta friend

Use this area to discuss climbing plants such as trumpet vines, clematis, and others.

Moderator: Chris_W

GrannyNanny

Clematis Mrs. Betty Balfour, with Hosta friend

Post by GrannyNanny »

Mrs. Betty is on a tipi on the west side of my yard, where the back row gets sun, and everything else is in the shade of the back row. Hence, we have a clematis right in front of a Sum and Substance hosta. Phyllis
Attachments
Clematis 2005  7 7 Lady Betty Balfour and S and S hosta.jpg
wishiwere
USDA Zone: 5

Post by wishiwere »

Now that's an interesting combo! Hosta and clems? :eek: They look great together! Can you imagine a blue with a light pink hosta? Mmmmmmmmmm....
Jane (from the middle of the Mitten state)
My hosta list: viewtopic.php?t=39540
Old earth dog

Post by Old earth dog »

Very pretty! :wink:
GrannyNanny

Post by GrannyNanny »

Jane -- I'm assuming you mean a blue hosta with a light pink clematis -- if there's a pink hosta, I think the originator would be VERY rich by this time!!! Yes, that combo would be nice -- I may try it, since I have the ideal spot for combining these two plants. Phyllis
wishiwere
USDA Zone: 5

Post by wishiwere »

Yes, that's what I meant. I love the purple with that S&S now, I was just imagining the pink clem with a pale blue hosta. Gosh, the possibilities :) I have some areas where this could work. right now they are in infancy, so we'll see how it does. If they are half as nice as the combo you've got there, I'll love it! :D
Jane (from the middle of the Mitten state)
My hosta list: viewtopic.php?t=39540
New Topic Post Reply